Beryl AX GL-MT3000 cannot connect to Spectrum residential Wi-Fi

I am new to the Beryl AX GL-MT3000. I successfully have used it on two flights and it was amazing with 6 devices connected to router with ease. However, I’m at an AirBnB - just a residential home with vanilla Spectum cable internet, and I cannot connect the router as a repeater of the home’s WiFi. It says it connects but the Beryl router never gets an IP address from the router. I’ve tried turning off Private Wi-Fi Address, THEN connecting from my iPhone 14 Pro (which connects fine to AirBnB Wi-Fi) and then cloning the MAC from phone to the router - doesn’t work, still won’t get an IP (this technique worked on the plane).

I saw a similar post below so I tried beta 4.5.16 firmware dated 2024-03-21 - same issue. I then tried snapshot 4.6.0 dated 2024-03-29 - this was even worse. It just said “Unknown error occurred. Please check the network environment of reboot the device.” all the time. If I tried to setup repeater mode, it would just say “Applied!” and not do anything. I’m back on the stable 4.5.0 firmware dated 2024-01-23.

The AirBnB has just normal Spectrum residential internet - no captive portal or anything. The router is provided by Spectrum - it has a model number SAX1V1S. It says its a “WiFi 6 Router”. The same SSID is used for both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

Downgrading to 4.4.6 or 4.2.3 also doesn’t help.

Pls don’t use mac clone.

When using repeater can you set up using 5G or 2.4G only rather than Auto? I have experience that it has problems with 2.4G but not 5G.

Thanks for the response. I tried changing Auto to 2.4G and 5G - still can’t connect

Sorry for late reply. I wonder if you still have chance to test.

In this firmware we added some options for repeater connection.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, but I’m no longer at that location. I did try daily build from March 29th, per my message above, but it was so unstable I couldn’t make changes to settings.