Bug Reporting Thread For Firmware v3

I think it’s not caused by storage. It has not appeared in the pre version.

Maybe you change the country code? You can execute this command on the command line, we use it to get the channel list.

iw list|grep ' 5..* MHz'|grep -v disabled|grep -v radar|awk -F '[][]' '{print $2}'

AR-7500 white, gl-ar750-3.009-1206.bin:

Test gl-ar750-3.010-1212.bin:

• installed gl-ar750-3.010-1212.bin, after than no internet connection
  • after revert to gl-ar750-3.009-1206.bin, the internet connection working fine again

Test gl-ar750-3.010-1213.bin:

• installed gl-ar750-3.010-1213.bin, after than no internet connection
  • after revert to gl-ar750-3.009-1206.bin, the internet connection working fine again

That can be, its depend on, updates still change some configuration by update by selected “dont change configuration” or so on button. P.e., updates still change again and again the WPA/WPA2 configuration and the WLAN force RSA configuration to non force RSA and so on.

Yes. I change the WLAN country depend on the local law to the current local country. If the people dont select the current country, he get the US configuration by defoult. This configuration give p.e. for the rest of the world worst case auto channel, like WLAN channel 1, 6, 11 with extra collision and low WLAN speed. For rest of world lucking 1/5/9/13 better.

I had an issue where the cloud said the device was offline when it was not. I had to delete the device and add it again, and then it worked. Not sure what went wrong.

Reboots didn’t fix the issue.

Which Internet connection type do you use for? DHCP, Repater or something else?

You can ssh to the router, execute this command and check the output. The selectable channel on WebUI is from its output. It looks like below.

root@GL-AR750S:~# iw list|grep ' 5..* MHz'|grep -v disabled|grep -v radar|awk -F '[][]' '{print $2}'

Did you attempt to refresh the cloud’s WebUI? Because of it doesn’t refresh automatically.

Yes, I did, multiple times.

How do you change the name of a device after you’ve added it (in the cloud)? Don’t tell me it’s non-editable…

Thanks for you feedback.

I will pay attention to test this offline issue.

1 Like

Yes, it is non-editable now, but will add this feature soon.

It is updated, can edit device name now.

Press Ctrl + F5 to force cache refresh on Chrome to use latest version.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Internet connection by ethernet cable
  • LAN by cable
  • Protocol DHCP
  • with Open VPN and without are the same

Test gl-ar750-3.010-1220.bin:

installed gl-ar750-3.010-1220.bin, after than no internet connection
after revert to gl-ar750-3.009-1206.bin, the internet connection working fine again

Settings:

• Internet connection by WAN cable, LAN cable
  • Protocol DHCP
  • with Open VPN and without are the same

That can be, its depend on, updates still change some configuration by update by selected “dont change configuration” or so on button. P.e., updates still change again and again the WPA/WPA2 configuration and the WLAN force RSA configuration to non force RSA and so on.

Remark after little bit testing:

• For successfull inteternet connection need to disable “Keep Settings” on installation of gl-ar750-3.010-1220.bin
  • After than need to configure again some thinks for a little bit more security like:
    • disable IPV6
    • select WLAN WPA2 only
    • select no communication between WLAN clients
    • select WLAN force RSA
    • and so on

Hi,

I’ve got a GlInet Slate and when running in WISP mode, it seems to regularly drop the WiFi connection.

I’ve upgraded to the 3.0.9 firmware, but this has not helped.

On mobile so can’t post logs, but I’ll try and come back and do so when I get a chance.

Shortest ar750-3.010-1220.bin:

• not possible to past initial admin passwort on installation screen to form by rightclick, its working on admin webinterface and advanved admin webinterface fine
  • as initial passwort are still only short passworts accepted, after installation are possible to change to max lenght (p.e. WLAN max lenght 63 caracter) passwort on admin web interface
  • change password on admin webinterface, still not change admin password on advanced webinterface too
  • WPA2 Enterprise is missing on Admin menue

Would it be caused by weak signal strength?

Not clear what it says. It means you can’t set a strong password? Why?

Yes, the GL admin web page is separate with luci. It is reasonable.

It support WPA2 in repeater mode. Will add WPA2 Enterprise for AP settings in the future.

1 Like

Hi,

Don’t think it’s weak signal strength. The Slate was only about a meter from the main router on a shelf above.

Is seems like something decided to drop the wlan link on a regular basis. You can see it happening in the System Log:

I dont like to install again on this time. It can be it was the follow:

• insert passwort by mouse rightklick and insert not working (gray next or ok button ?)
  • insert long password by “Strg+V” not working (gray next or ok button?)
  • insert short password by hand and keyboard are working

It can be it`s no problem of handling of long passwords like 63 caracter. It can be its only, the form dont accept insert methodes other than by keyboard.

Happy Xmas