[GL.iNet] GoodCloud IoT Platform Beta Testing

Hmm this is not what i was told.

I think that is only for generating the unique id and to verify that the router is really original/valid.

@alzhao @kyson-lok Could you clarify that please? Why is DDNS required?

Johnex’s reply is correct.

Input DDNS info when Manually Add Router to Cloud, just to verify that the router is really original/valid.

1 Like

It appears to work. Obviously the manual needs to mention that the DDNS is for authentication only. That’s not clear, at all.

I can reboot the device and see clients attached to WIFI. However, this does QoS by client on WIFI only. I need to be able to limit speeds by interface, especially LAN. I’m blind to anything connected to ethernet. Features from Cloudtrax need to be copied, like the charts/graphs dashboard, for current usage and data used, etc. Real time traffic needs to be enabled at the router? Where is this option?

The cloud also needs to inform the user what mode the device is in (repeater, etc).

It’s pretty bare, which is understandable at this stage. What are the plans for features, in order of priority?

I thought the service was completely useless? :wink:

If it had in fact relied on DDNS, it would indeed be useless without a VPN configured for those with double NAT issues.

You can place any feature requests in the usual place here: Feature Request Thread For Firmware v3 - #151 by glitch

And bugs here: Bug Reporting Thread For Firmware v3 - #125 by lucidtek

Cloud control is different from DDNS. The adding device guide should be better.

DDNS does not work behind NAT. We will have another feature called Accessanywhere, which is different from ddns and cloud control. Accessanywhere will let you access your router even it is behind the firewall and multiple NAT.

The idea of CloudControl, DDNS and AccessAnyWhere is different and they are surely for different users. So now pls just try the first two and give suggestions.

I also think it is better to just leave your feedback in this thread other than in V3 firmware bug report. As this is different development.

1 Like

Can we get notifications when the connection is down? How hard is that to implement? I’d like an email when the link goes down after 15 minutes, and then one every half hour until it comes back online, and an email that says it’s back online. Or an SMS.

And it’d be nice to be able to ping, or traceroute, or do a speed test through the cloud for diagnostics.

Also, how is AccessAnyWhere different from Cloud Control?

This is not so difficult. As long as we verify this is a requirement by a lot of users we can add.

AccessAnyWhere is just a proxy that passthrough everything to your router. It will not record any data and not able to operate routers in batch etc. So it is like a DDNS but accessible behind NAT.

Can you guys add total data used on the interface for a time period? It’d be nice to have historical records, I’m not sure how much storage that would require. Just a running total of X amount of gigs, that you could sort by time period, like the last 2 hours, last day, last week, last month, etc. Then it could roll off. Cloudtrax does that, so you can get a graphical perspective of historical usage.

I don’t need a chart, just a total would be nice.

1 Like

What’s the time frame on the public being able to test AccessAnywhere?

There will be some time. Maybe 3 months.

We need to release the current service first.

1 Like

GL-X750(Spitz) is also available for cloud feature. test firmware download GL.iNet download center

GL-B1300 is also available for Cloud feature. Testing firmware download link: https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/b1300/testing/

1 Like

Site to Site feature is available

2 Likes

BLE MQTT Bridge

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is widely used for smart home, wearable and IoT sensors. This feature is for GL.iNet BLE gateway, GL-X750 Spitz and GL-S1300 convexa S which has built-in BLE modules. Read this to learn how to use them forward your BLE data to the cloud based on MQTT protocol, including GL.iNet GoodCloud and AWS IoT.

1 Like

Loving it so far. Works beautifully. REALLY wish there was:

• MAC ADDRESS Filtering config from the cloud
  • Be able to join/manage WIFI Internet sources remotely. THIS IS A HUGE ONE!
  • Ability to see uptime history from an adjustable period visually… So we can quickly see when outages occurred at a specific site… and for how long!
  • Wish all features of local config were available remotely via the cloud without any port forwarding.

Biggest Issue is that I currently have 12 devices and it only allows 10 per cloud account. Any way You could expand it to 25 devices? That would make this a lot more usable!

1. You can search devices by Mac Address.

2. Manage wifi internet may cause internet disconnect.

3/4. Good suggestion. Thanks for your feedback. You can try HTTPS Remote Access DDNS - GL.iNet Docs

1. Please pm your username/email of GoodCloud.
1 Like

Thank you Leo! I was referring to Mac Address Whitelisting in the cloud controller not filtering by view.

Also, another suggestion, it would be nice to have a Group Selector Dropdown in the Device List View as a way to “quick filter” devices by group… or in other words, jump to a different group. It woulf be cool to also be able to Sort by group, but currently it only allows sorting by Name.

I’ll PM my username/email. Thanks!