Custom MT300N-V2 Firmware, help?

So I give Gl-inet a lot of business I’m a owner of rural internet company and I provide my customers with high speed LTE internet and I give each of my customer’s MT300N-V2 but here’s the problem I’m having and I hope someone can help me I will gladly donate via PayPal I use this code to change the TTL Value “iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING 1 -j TTL --ttl-set 65” and save it in “Firewall” customs it hides hotspot usage and stops throttling but I manually have to insert this command for customers if they reset there unit, can some create a firmware so it will be there by default even after a hard reset? Thanks in advance guy’s

Hi,I can help you customize a version of the firmware. The rules you need have been added. Please provide your email address and I will send it to you by email.

1 Like

@hogan my email is thomasjchaney123@comcast.net I really do appreciate it and I would like to donate you some money for your assistance

Hi, I have provided you with custom firmware via email, please check your email, thanks you.

Pls check if @hogan’s firmware helps! We appreciate your support. No donation. Any good review or refer are very welcomed.

1 Like

Yes I received everything in the email and this will help so much with existing and future customers with my company, I absolutely love your guy’s products keep up the great work.

@alzhao @hogan Everything works completely great with the custom firmware the custom firewall script

iptables -t mangle -D POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 65
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING 1 -j TTL --ttl-set 65

Completely bypass the TTL value, but I’m needing one more additional package installed for LTE SQM QoS isn’t the best I’ve tested for the past month with the lede version of mt300n that WSHAPER “Wondershaper” keeps the latency issues at bay and delivers a smooth online gaming experience.

Is it possible for anyone of you to create a update custom firmware with this package installed I know everyone is extremely busy but if you ever have time it’ll be greatly appreciated

Hi, do you need us to help you compile the Wondershaper into the firmware? Is it that you use mt300n for testing?

Yes that is correct or either a lede base firmware seems that’s the wondershaper packages isn’t supported for the newer openwrt firmware

Hi, what version of wondershaper are you using? I got an error when using V1.4.1, you can directly provide me with the wondershaper you verified, and I will help you compile it into the firmware.

Hey hogan I’m not sure I used the firmware from

https://archive.openwrt.org/releases/17.01.7/targets/ramips/mt7628/
“[mt7628-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin]”

And I was able to install the package if it’s to much of a hassle if there’s just a way to use the lede packages I think my customers who game would know how to install it without any problems

root@LEDE:/# opkg install wshaper
Installing wshaper (1.1a-1) to root…
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.7/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/wshaper_1.1a-1_all.ipk
Installing kmod-sched-core (4.4.182-1) to root…
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.7/targets/ramips/mt7628/packages/kmod-sched-core_4.4.182-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk

Sorry, the wondershaper package will depend on some kernel packages. At present, we do not maintain low versions of lede, so we cannot help you.

Okay if that’s the case is it possible to just add SQM QoS? Thanks

Hi, you can try to install the package yourself. At present, it is difficult for us to compile the firmware for you separately, sorry for this.

@hogan I appreciate the help with the custom firmware but I’m having issues with the MT300N v2 specifically a repeater issue.

There’s seems to be a bug with the firmware stated here in this link - MT-300N v2 won't reconnect to WiFi as Repeater

Seems like GL-INET fixes the issue with the beta firmware is there a chance to move that custom TTL script to this version? If so thanks

Hi,please provide the specific firmware version number, I will help you, and please tell you the problem you encountered in detail, so that we can confirm your problem.