Only post features here. If something is not working right, or as before, post it in the bug reporting thread here:
1. Let the user select 4 DNS options: #Johnex
- Default DNS (no DNS change, use default from ISP)
- Global DNS Change (overrides the DNS for all connections, VPN and without, as it is now)
- Alternate DNS For VPN (the user can have their own DNS only while VPN is on. They can then pick Cloudflare or Google or any other they like, also used as fallback from option 4 if set)
- DNS from VPN (get the DNS from the VPN server)
The 2 last DNS options would only be available if the user has uploaded a ovpn file, and would ofc check if the VPN client is enabled. On change, the ovpn file would be modified to include the extra config lines needed to change the DNS depending on the options. Either “dhcp-option DNS IP” for option 3, or calling up down scripts like it’s done here: AR750 as OpenVPN client, no DNS for far network for option 4 . If the VPN server does not give any DNS info, fallback to the option 3 if the user has set and alternate DNS for VPN, or fallback to default if not, but notify the user so that no leaks occur or any unwanted or unexpected DNS option.
The DNS page would show a dropdown only at first with the 2 options above, with Default selected. If the user selects to global override, 2 inputs for the DNS1 and DNS2 appear. If the user has configured their VPN, it would show all 4 options. Selecting option 3 would make the DNS inputs for VPN only. Selecting 4 would then let you use the DNS in the inputs (if set) as fallback. If unset, then use ISP DNS.
I think that would cover all the usages possible, and at the same time make it easier for the end user.
2. Mobile Tether Fix (change ttl packet to fool operators) #glitch
Network -> Firewall -> Custom Rules Add first line: iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o 3g-modem -j TTL –ttl-set 64
3. Disable MWan3 #glitch
4. Disable IPv6 #glitch
Network -> Interfaces Delete Wan6
5. Disable GLHealth #glitch
6. VPN Ping And Reconnect #glitch
while sleep 30; do if ! ping -I tun0 -c5 -w5 220.127.116.11; then /etc/init.d/startvpn restart fi done
7. Persistent Mobile Data Usages #Johnex
I would love to see an option to have the mobile data persistent, saved over resets. It would then be possible to set the monthly data maximum, and show a percent used of that. Have the monthly total reset every 30 days, and also have a button to manually reset it. Usage since boot would also be shown as "this session used. This would be the same as mobile phones and some other mifi devices have.
8. WPA3 Support firmare v3+ #unlo
9. OpenConnect GL-iNet UI #Bark
WireGuard GL-iNet UI Done #Johnex
11. L2TP/IPsec: Add PSK Support #fritz
Finer OVPN File Purge Done #glitch
13. Support 802.11r /k/v #carrionlee
Seems like changing from wpad-mini to normal full wpad adds this support:
There is no default interface so GL-iNet would need to add it.
14. Allow Same SSID 2.4GHz / 5GHz In AP #carrionlee
Having the same SSID let’s the client choose the best channel depending on distance, RSSI and other factors like wall penetration (2.4ghz can penetrate wood and concrete better).
15. Cloud Administration #lucidtek
For managing devices behind double NAT
16. Expand On Modem Tools And Status #lucidtek
- More default AT commands
- Realtime dB signal status for aligning antennas to get best performance
- Modem Toggle On/Off
17. Mifi Modem Driver For All Devices #lucidtek
Have the same modem drivers the Mifi has on other devices, letting users connect modems via mPCIe to usb adapters.
18. Better Load Balancing/Failover GUI #lucidtek
19. Allow Priority Order Of Saved Stations #nopro404
Allow users to alter the list of Saved Stations, making Glhealth prioritize one available AP over another available depending on the order. Now the order seems to be as they were added.
20. VPN IP/DNS Filter List @zwoop
Let the user filter IP or DNS addresses so that some services such as Netflix can be accessed directly, while the rest goes into the VPN.