3.2xx firmware will upgrade all to OpenWrt 19.07. There are a lot of changes.
This post list the possible issue, questions and answers. We will keep updating this post.
3.201 has been released for these models on April 02 2021:
AR150, AR300M (Nand), AR300M16 (Nor), AR750, AR750S, E750, MiFi, MT1300, MT300N-V2, N300, USB150, X300B, X750, XE300
These models needs more time to develop so we bump to 3.203 directly. 3.203 will be released in May.
B1300, S1300, AP1300, MV1000
B2200 and X1200 will have a different release schedule now.
You can find the release notes of 3.201 on the folder of firmware download. But here you are:
- Fixed wolfSSL heap buffer overflow in RsaPad_PSS (CVE-2020-36177)
- Fixed netifd and odhcp6c routing loop on IPv6 point to point links (CVE-2021-22161)
- Fixed dnsmasq multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686, CVE-2020-25687)
- Added times limit to password authentication
- Supported IPv6 ( Internet, OpenVPN, WireGuard )
- Supported WPA3 (AR150,MIFI,AR300M,USB150,N300,AR750,AR750S,X750,E750,X1200,XE300)
- Supported deleting offline clients
- Added warnings when uploading old version or three-party firmwares
- Added 2.4G WIFI and LTE working channel interference automatic avoidance(MIFI,X750,E750,X1200,XE300)
- Supported IGMP
- Supported DLNA
- Supported SPI nand GD5F1GQ5UEYIG
- Optimized client statistics function
- Supported V1.0.5
- Supported Rtty SSH Access
- Supported Rtty HTTP Access
- Supported Ping tool
- Supported Traceroute tool
- Supported RS485 tool (X300B)
- Supported Russian
- Fixed speed limit function failure in some models
- Fixed tor initialization failure in some models
- Fixed the problem that when turn off the AP in MT300N-V2, the repeater won’t auto-reconnect.
- Fixed the problem that when WireGuard’s Allowed IPs are not set with global proxy address, router will be unable to access the internet.
- Fixed the problem that MT1300 can’t access internet when using StrongVPN.
- Fixed other known issues.
Where can I find snapshot
You can find the snapshot from https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/
There is nightly build.
Please note, 3.201_beta6 is the final release version of 3.201.
AR750S Upgrade from 3.104 to 3.201 Failed
AR750s is using 128M Nand Flash. Due to the kernel change in openwrt 19.07 (3.201 firmware), you cannot upgrade from openwrt 18.06 (3.104 firmware). In our firmware 3.105, which is based on openwrt 18.06 as well, we made some changes so that you can upgrade to 3.201.
So if you upgrade from 3.104 to 3.201, you will have verification failed error. You should first upgrade to 3.105, then upgrade to 3.201. You can also upgrade using uboot failsafe mode if you do not reserve settings.
No free space to install plugins
When you upgrade from old firmware and kept settings, sometimes you will find there is no room to install plugins because no free space is left. Still not sure when this will happen but it does. If you do not keep settings it should be fine. So it is suggested to reset the firmware and start over.
Cannot find Luci, Tor, adguard home
In 3.201, to make more free space, the following packages will not be installed by default: Tor, Samba, Minidlna, luci.
When you click Advanced settings, you will be required to install Luci first. You may have a grey (disable) install button at first. Just wait a little while so that the router refresh its repo.
Tor: You need to go to Application->plugins page, first refresh the repo, then find and install gl-tor.
adguard home: Adguard Home is only supported in S1300, AP1300, MV1000, B2200. They should be installed by default. Some user want to install Adguard Home on AR750s. It may works but AR750s is not powerful enough. You should go to Application->plugins, refresh repo and install gl-agh-stats
In 3.105, you may have ssl library error when you want to install easytether. This is fixed in 3.201. Pls note you need to download the easytether driver for openwrt 19.07, not 18.06.
Smartphone APP support
From 3.201, you can use the smartphone app to configure and control your router. You can control locally or via GoodCloud. You need to search Apple app store or Google Play for “glinet”, find the white icon, not the blue icon which is the old app.
Lost settings in MV1000
MV1000, while having adguard home preinstalled, it causes more problem. If you have ever used the 3.201 beta, you may lost all of your settings. This has been fixed in 3.203. Note: upgrade from 3.201 beta to 3.203 you may loose of your settings as well.
Cannot start openvpn server due to ipv6
When you upgrade from 3.105 to 3.201, in some situation you may have ipv6 configuration problems, causing openvpn server failed to start. You can use the following command to fix
uci set wireguard_server.@servers.local_ipv6='fd00:db8:123::1' uci commit
There are some Pending problems & bugs
- Repeater: some users reported that repeater cannot connect hidden SSID, or after reboot it does not connect, or the connect broken sometimes. We cannot replicate all these issue but believe this exist. We will continue to improve repeater manager.
- Connecting to hotel wifi: some hotels forbid router to connect. This has not been solved in 3.201
- NextDNS stability: When you use NextDNS, be sure to turn off “DNS rebind Protection”. But you may still have problems once after several days use.
- Openvpn and IPV6: seems openvpn has more problems due to IPV6 support. But it is still not very clear.
- PPPoE: PPPoE connection has been optimized in 3.201. But some user still report that PPPoE cannot get IP address. We are still investigating this progblem.