Firmware 3.201, 3.203 Release Notes and Upgrade Q&A

is it possible to add the compatibility with the alfa usb awus1900 RTL8814AU int the firmware of the brume ?

1 Like

After installation of 3.201 (w/o preserving any old conf)on mt-300n-v2 I realized that something is wrong with memory allocation. I cannot install almost anything. I’ve repeated installation a couple of times.

root@GL-MT300N-V2:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 10.5M 10.5M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 60.8M 124.0K 60.7M 0% /tmp
tmpfs 60.8M 128.0K 60.7M 0% /tmp/root
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock6 3.8M 792.0K 3.0M 21% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 3.8M 792.0K 3.0M 21% /

On my USB150 /overlay is over 5 MB.
On my regular routers (e.g. netgear) /rom is about 2MB.

You have 3.0M available. This is totally normal

on my usb150 /overlay is over 5MB, on MT300N-V2 is less that 4MB. Is it normal? I cannot even install gl-tor.

https://openwrt.org/toh/gl.inet/gl.inet_gl-mt300n_v2
/dev/root- around 2.3 MiB rootfs_data - around 12 MiB

Is it possible to integrate for the brume the compatibility with the usb alfa awus1900 in a futur update ?

Hi Guys,

I put version 3.203_beta3 here

Only a few models have been updated, with the main changes as follows:

B1300,S1300, and AP1300 will support QSDK11 stably.
MV1000 upgraded to OpenWrt 19.07.7.
E750: Fixed a BUG where the OpenVPN connection status was displayed incorrectly on the  LCD.
XE300: Fixed a BUG where the manual configuration of the modem was always overwritten in the 3.201 firmware.
X1200 fixes probabilistic upgrade failure caused by watchdog based on 3.201.

About the WiFi FragAttacks security vulnerability, fixing it in OpenWrt 19.07.7 and QSDK11 is a bit cumbersome, we need some time and will fix it in a later beta release.

We are planning the firmware 4.x, which will be based on OpenWrt 21.x and GL-SDK4.x integration firmware. It is expected to be released in October, we hope to bring you a better experience. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
Trying…

Great piece of firmware ! The S1300 works really fantastic with it :slight_smile:

May is ending soon… waiting for firmware release 3.203 coming … :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The only thing i noticed last night is, that the DLNA Server did not work after a reboot of the router… Even a rescan via ssh-terminal did not changed anything.

Hi,
would like to give a feedback regarding 3.20x firmwares. with Luci being excluded out of default installation, people who depend on VLAN for internet connection will be unable to set up a connection.

please set up VLAN option within the GL GUI if Luci is not included.

You can still install luci and set up vlan.

We will make vlan in the default firmware in firmware 4.x

no i can’t. i need internet to install luci, i need VLAN for internet.

OK understand. Vlan should be a basic feature and should have an UI in the firmware.

Hi,
I saw that the repeater problems are pending and I am not sure if my problem https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/wifi-connection-problems-on-gl-mt300n-v2 is related, but if I could help with providing more details or some test please let me know.
Best regards
Marcus

I have upgraded my 2 GL-B1300 to the 3.203 beta 3, I have some bugs:

• In the ‘Client’ tab I only see 2 devices while there are many connected and visible in the ‘Mesh’ tab

• Same problem on GoodCloud I can’t see all clients

• Deleting offline devices does not work in the ‘Clients’ tab

• I can’t change the protection of the Wifi Mesh (I can only fill in the name and password but not the protection as in the ‘Guest wifi’ tab). This is problematic because one of the computers can’t connect to the router (Windows 10 : can’t connect to this network). I activated the guest wifi without protection and now it can connect. (and in Lucy interface in see ‘Encryption: none’ in all SSID in Network > Wifi > Wifi overview while there are a password in my wifi network)

• Workaround is to use the Glinet app on smartphone to change WPA to WPA/WPA (it’s the only interface wo we can do that

• When I disabled Mesh guest network, only 2.4ghz is stopped and I can’t stop the 5Ghz guest network

Hi all, asking here since my question is related to upgrading firmware.

I’m looking to run the official “stock” OpenWRT firmware available from the official OpenWRT site to replace the GL version of OpenWRT. However, not all GL products are listed on the OpenWRT pages as supported. How can I install a vanilla OpenWRT on GL devices not listed on the supported devices page?

Particularly referring to GL-X300B model, which shares very similar spec (albeit without Wifi) compared to GL-X750V2 (which is listed on OpenWRT as a supported device). Would the GL-X750V2 image work on the GL-X300B?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

3.203 release date ?

When Brume 1000W is getting new firmware? May is already over )))

3 Likes