Firmware 3.201, 3.203 Release Notes and Upgrade Q&A

The only thing i noticed last night is, that the DLNA Server did not work after a reboot of the router… Even a rescan via ssh-terminal did not changed anything.

Hi,
would like to give a feedback regarding 3.20x firmwares. with Luci being excluded out of default installation, people who depend on VLAN for internet connection will be unable to set up a connection.

please set up VLAN option within the GL GUI if Luci is not included.

You can still install luci and set up vlan.

We will make vlan in the default firmware in firmware 4.x

no i can’t. i need internet to install luci, i need VLAN for internet.

OK understand. Vlan should be a basic feature and should have an UI in the firmware.

Hi,
I saw that the repeater problems are pending and I am not sure if my problem https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/wifi-connection-problems-on-gl-mt300n-v2 is related, but if I could help with providing more details or some test please let me know.
Best regards
Marcus

I have upgraded my 2 GL-B1300 to the 3.203 beta 3, I have some bugs:

• In the ‘Client’ tab I only see 2 devices while there are many connected and visible in the ‘Mesh’ tab

• Same problem on GoodCloud I can’t see all clients

• Deleting offline devices does not work in the ‘Clients’ tab

• I can’t change the protection of the Wifi Mesh (I can only fill in the name and password but not the protection as in the ‘Guest wifi’ tab). This is problematic because one of the computers can’t connect to the router (Windows 10 : can’t connect to this network). I activated the guest wifi without protection and now it can connect. (and in Lucy interface in see ‘Encryption: none’ in all SSID in Network > Wifi > Wifi overview while there are a password in my wifi network)

• Workaround is to use the Glinet app on smartphone to change WPA to WPA/WPA (it’s the only interface wo we can do that

• When I disabled Mesh guest network, only 2.4ghz is stopped and I can’t stop the 5Ghz guest network

Hi all, asking here since my question is related to upgrading firmware.

I’m looking to run the official “stock” OpenWRT firmware available from the official OpenWRT site to replace the GL version of OpenWRT. However, not all GL products are listed on the OpenWRT pages as supported. How can I install a vanilla OpenWRT on GL devices not listed on the supported devices page?

Particularly referring to GL-X300B model, which shares very similar spec (albeit without Wifi) compared to GL-X750V2 (which is listed on OpenWRT as a supported device). Would the GL-X750V2 image work on the GL-X300B?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

3.203 release date ?

When Brume 1000W is getting new firmware? May is already over )))

3 Likes

Any update when these will be released?

2 Likes

Thanks for point out thest bugs, we are speed up fixing them.

1 Like

Brume-W 3.105 firmware, wifi clients sometime lost internet for the 5-8 seconds, but clients is still connected to WiFi, wired devices works well in this moment, is this a known problem? On the new firmwares this problem is fixed?

No. Don’t know such a problem. Maybe you can write to us via email and give more details with log.

Any news on updates for the B1300 :slight_smile:?

And will the B1300 get OpenWRT 19.07 or will it be stuck with the QSDK 15.05?

other bug on B1300: the wifi connection drop from time to time since 3.203. beta 3

It is stuck in 15.05 for release. But we can make open source firmwares. Now too busy to do that.

Finally I’ve switched to clean openwrt on GL-MT300N-V2 with dnscrypt-proxy.
Thank you, Gl-inet for good hardware. I cannot say the same regarding last firmware.
Now I have space for Tor.
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 2.5M 2.5M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 61.0M 72.0K 61.0M 0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock6 11.8M 6.5M 5.3M 55% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 11.8M 6.5M 5.3M 55% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev

2 Likes

I think a lot of us have been waiting patiently, even while the world has seen multiple supply chain disruptions. This isn’t a supply chain disruption issue for software now is it?

We are almost into July, any new timelime updates?

1 Like

I think I know how you feel. I have replaced my MV1000 with an old ASUS RT-AC68U with the latest FreshTomato (a free software that offers more than the almost permanent betas we got here for our money). I am not paid to be a beta tester. Who is ?

2 Likes