Firmware 3.201, 3.203 Release Notes and Upgrade Q&A

You can find info here, look at the current version and compile time, as you can see my version is 3.203 20210702

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I just realized that I have forgotten how to read. Obviously I looked at it there but my eyes were blind! :face_with_thermometer:

Thank you!

What is the version on the remote router B?

Version 3.105 was installed default on the router B, remotely installed 20210701 and router is down. Asked the nephew to configure the PPPoE and enable remote access, but while he is sleeping)))

On router A, the reinstallation from version 3.105 to version 20210701 was successful, but the settings disappeared during the first installation 3.105 to 20210630

(two routers Brume-W)

Hi la3y:
Did you do anything on router before firmware update, such as upload A lot of VPN configuration?

Hi lizh.

I can’t say for sure, in my opinion I created s2s tunnel and 1 wireguard server with 2-5 clients, before upgrade router A turned it off wg server and delete clients, but s2s stay worked. On the router B worked s2s only, I almost did not do any manipulations with him

I don’t remember exactly, but it seems something like this

I just upgraded my B1300 to 3.203 (beta4) and was expecting to get OpenWRT 19.07 but its still 15.05 and I see that is confirmed above. I’m really annoyed at this, as I’m trying to do a simple time-based network access for clients on my network but the “time restrictions” appear to be missing in 15.05 (Firewall, Traffic rules, add).

FYI, OpenWRT 15.05 was released in Sep 2015 - almost 6 years old!!! Why is it still the supported version in 2021?

Is there a work-around for adding time-based rules for allowing/rejecting access to Mac/IP addresses?

HI la3y,
I’m very sorry.There is a restrict in 3.105:When the added configuration file exceeds 2M, configuration loss maybe occurs when upgrading.

The installed lm-sensors program may have affected?

I doubt my config files were larger than 2 megabytes

I installed beta 4 on my 2 mesh routers B1300. The wifi security configuration (WPA2 …) is corrected.
Why don’t we have the possibility, in mesh configuration, to choose the mode, the bandwidth, the channel and the optimization?

Because this is closed driver i’m think.

Same reason why you can’t block a device on a selected node only ?

Brume-w fw 3.203 20210703 tab for changing guest ip address disappeared. In the mango tab is present.

Screenshot

Do you have that before? MV1000w’s wifi is different from Mango. Maybe there is not guest wifi from the beginning.

@alzhao on the fw v. 3.105 guest IP tab is present on Brume-w

Screenshots v. 3.203 20210703

Tried 3.203 (0702 and 0703 snapshot, and beta6) on my MT1300 - all three builds fail to work with WiFi. No AP is created on boot, WiFi scanning (for repeater mode) doesn’t return anything, WiFi channel optimisation also fails.

Yes I confirm the last two builds are not working with MT1300

1 Like

We have just found this problem. The WiFi driver has been adjusted and it is not compatible. I have deleted the version of MT1300 3.203_BETA4.

The issue is also present in the 0701, 0702 and 0703 snapshot versions, I’d recommend you delete those too.

Also, is there any chance we could get changelogs for the snapshot versions too, not just the betas? Would be nice to know what changed, even if it’s just a git merge history (e.g. a list of updated dependencies/firmwares)

1 Like

Hello!

Yes that’s was a requirement I did also like you but…

Bye!