Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

It should be.

1 Like

I wish to report that version 4.2.0 beta2 on the Flint has one problem on my end. I only have this router running a Wireguard client. The router operates well for the most part except that the connection drops at least once a day. The router has to either be unplugged or rebooted for the Wireguard connection to be re-established.

I have, since 4.2.0 beta2 for GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, the problem that my WireGuard client runs into a timeout/stops working. The VPN icon appears yellow. Restarting the VPN client helps, but that was not the case before, with 4.1.0. I am using Torguard as VPN provider. Anyone else with the same issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue as Maro with using the “Repeater” mode on the Opal. Tried Jan 11 and Jan 12 snapshots.

so the 1/12 snapshot doesn’t fix the 5GHz repeater mode issue ? well, let me check with other device.

After testing the 1/12 snapshot firmware with my MT3000, the repeater mode 5GHz issue has been fixed and the performance is even better than previous beta/snapshot firmware.

圖片

Testing the new snapshop on my Opal. The issue was not fixed! I am still unable to connect. Same issue as before. Check below screenshots:

Could you confirm system rebooted? At page system – overview – System Info --Up time.

Could you make sure that 4.1.0 firmware is working okay?

Taking the plunge and trying this on my Spitz.
First bug I found is that I am unable to add more than two Wireguard clients (third client over-writes second).

Happi

Edit: second bug is I am unable to delete an MTU setting once inserted into the Wireguard client config.

yes system rebooted

I tried 4.1.0 before and I remember it was working

@Happi ,Yes, this seems to be a common issue unfortunately…
@antifascista and @timetoseek had the same issue as you have, hopefully it will be fixed in the next beta release…

Just loaded the 4.2 snapshot from 1/10 on an Opal and had a few issues.

1. Over-voltage message in logs with a USB WWAN enclosure on boot. This never happens on 3.215 and did not happen on the 4.1.1 beta. Its a random event too, so not on every boot.

2. I had to click “auto-setup” 2 to 5 times to connect. GL modem manager shows Visible and obviously works with vzwinternet" APN’s, just not on the 1st try or auto connecting after reboots. When it did connect, it held the white light for hours with no problems, which is an improvement over the 4.1.1 beta.

I do like the improvements in the 4.x firmware UI with setting up and importing OVPN config files a lot better. Not having to retype usernames/passwords in the groups is very intuitive.

No, the system did not reboot. It’s up for 9 days now:

Could we start anydesk session, please PM me.

GL-AX1800 (4.2.0 - 2023-01-14 03:33:07)

System Log

• Sat Jan 14 12:44:47 2023 daemon.err odhcpd[14715]: Failed to send to ff02::1%guest@br-guest (Address not available)
  • Sat Jan 14 12:44:53 2023 daemon.err odhcp6c[5327]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Network unreachable)
  • Sat Jan 14 12:45:03 2023 daemon.err odhcpd[14715]: Failed to send to ff02::1%guest@br-guest (Address not available)

This is fine ?

What do you base this statement on? I just loaded 4.2 on my Spitz and it looks the opposite.

Based on the snapshot from 28 days ago!! Keep up or your going to be left behind :grin:

Hi,Our team found that the 5G repeater issue only exists on MT3000, so the snapshot of SDK4.2 of other products will not target the Repeater. I will confirm this problem internally, and I believe it will be solved soon once this bug is confirmed.

2 Likes