Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

So far so good with 4.2.x, I have however noticed (and this might have been present in earlier releases but I just didn’t notice so forgive me if this the case) that Adguard Home now has a login interface (http://192.168.8.1:3000/login.html) suggesting you can login to Adguard Home directly rather than having to go through the routers admin interface.

This might allow for the use of apps such as Adguard Home Remote for managing Adguard Home however, the routers login doesn’t work and the password reset steps detailed on the projects Github page are for Adguard Home instances users themselves have installed on other hardware so I doubt they’d apply.

Has anyone managed to configure Adguard Home so that you can login to its admin without needing to login to the router first?

How? I don’t have this.

Hmm, that’s a bit strange.

Now I know it’s there I can navigate straight to it without having to go through the routers admin interface first, not that I can login though! this does suggest sadly that its been unintentionally left in the latest snapshot… :slightly_frowning_face:

After upgrading to firmware 4.2.0 repeater function stopped working on Opal!

It just hangs like this:

and the log:

This issue has been fixed in next snapshot release.

https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/mt3000-5ghz-wifi-repeater-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/26488/4
giving me:
Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Any idea when this will be released?

Sorry, it’s in private beta area, just try the next snapshot(should be 1/12 one ).

Ah so it should be released tommorow?

It should be.

1 Like

I wish to report that version 4.2.0 beta2 on the Flint has one problem on my end. I only have this router running a Wireguard client. The router operates well for the most part except that the connection drops at least once a day. The router has to either be unplugged or rebooted for the Wireguard connection to be re-established.

I have, since 4.2.0 beta2 for GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, the problem that my WireGuard client runs into a timeout/stops working. The VPN icon appears yellow. Restarting the VPN client helps, but that was not the case before, with 4.1.0. I am using Torguard as VPN provider. Anyone else with the same issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue as Maro with using the “Repeater” mode on the Opal. Tried Jan 11 and Jan 12 snapshots.

so the 1/12 snapshot doesn’t fix the 5GHz repeater mode issue ? well, let me check with other device.

After testing the 1/12 snapshot firmware with my MT3000, the repeater mode 5GHz issue has been fixed and the performance is even better than previous beta/snapshot firmware.

圖片

Testing the new snapshop on my Opal. The issue was not fixed! I am still unable to connect. Same issue as before. Check below screenshots:

Could you confirm system rebooted? At page system – overview – System Info --Up time.

Could you make sure that 4.1.0 firmware is working okay?

Taking the plunge and trying this on my Spitz.
First bug I found is that I am unable to add more than two Wireguard clients (third client over-writes second).

Happi

Edit: second bug is I am unable to delete an MTU setting once inserted into the Wireguard client config.

yes system rebooted

I tried 4.1.0 before and I remember it was working