Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

I just tried it, going from 4.2 snapshot to 4.1.1 ( I checked the box to retain settings during the dowgrade)

Unfortunately, this did not work and essentially bricked my MT-2500, per attached screenprint.

I now have no access to the Dashboard, or the Luci interface. I do have access via SSH. Any ideas from this point, how to restore from SSH? Or, is there a direct link to the login for 4.1.1 that I can use?

Clear cache on browser or try incognito mode.
When do router upgrade do not save settings and use a fresh installation.
If the problem persista try uboot method to reinstall firmware.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I tried to clear the cache, incognito mode, and also used an entirely different browser, but that did not work. So, I reinstalled the firmware…
I hope nobody ever needs this, but here are the instructions to reinstall firmware in case you brick your router:

I was running the latest “Stable” version for the Flint router, version 4.1 or so I thought. Boy was I shocked when I noticed it was removed from stable because of a mistake!!! Now come on folks, this is a major screw up.On top of that, I ended up having a DNS leak using version 4.1. I tried upgrading to 4.2 beta but had to Uboot back to 3.14 stable, the real stable. Your quality assurance needs to get better here. How can someone even consider such products in a professional setting with errors like this.

1 Like

What issues have you experienced with the 4.2 snapshot?

Abysmal speeds compared to the latest 4.1 build.

1 Like

I have just installed today’s release and it seems to be working better than the one from a few days back. Two problems appear to have been resolved with the first being unable to start (connect) VPN client until router reboot and the second being unable to activate VPN cascade without a time out error appearing to have been resolved. Will keep on checking.

I just did a clean install of 4.2.0 Beta2. Seems to have improved the performance some.

Question in regards to the option “Services from GL Inet use VPN”. Should this option be turned OFF by default? I only use my Flint router as a VPN client. I want the most secure box possible and I do not use any of the plugins, extra features etc, just a router and a Wireguard VPN client.

Screenshot from 2023-01-08 18-50-54

Yes this should be default off.

So far so good with 4.2.x, I have however noticed (and this might have been present in earlier releases but I just didn’t notice so forgive me if this the case) that Adguard Home now has a login interface (http://192.168.8.1:3000/login.html) suggesting you can login to Adguard Home directly rather than having to go through the routers admin interface.

This might allow for the use of apps such as Adguard Home Remote for managing Adguard Home however, the routers login doesn’t work and the password reset steps detailed on the projects Github page are for Adguard Home instances users themselves have installed on other hardware so I doubt they’d apply.

Has anyone managed to configure Adguard Home so that you can login to its admin without needing to login to the router first?

How? I don’t have this.

Hmm, that’s a bit strange.

Now I know it’s there I can navigate straight to it without having to go through the routers admin interface first, not that I can login though! this does suggest sadly that its been unintentionally left in the latest snapshot… :slightly_frowning_face:

After upgrading to firmware 4.2.0 repeater function stopped working on Opal!

It just hangs like this:

and the log:

This issue has been fixed in next snapshot release.

https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/mt3000-5ghz-wifi-repeater-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/26488/4
giving me:
Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Any idea when this will be released?

Sorry, it’s in private beta area, just try the next snapshot(should be 1/12 one ).

Ah so it should be released tommorow?

It should be.

1 Like

I wish to report that version 4.2.0 beta2 on the Flint has one problem on my end. I only have this router running a Wireguard client. The router operates well for the most part except that the connection drops at least once a day. The router has to either be unplugged or rebooted for the Wireguard connection to be re-established.

I have, since 4.2.0 beta2 for GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, the problem that my WireGuard client runs into a timeout/stops working. The VPN icon appears yellow. Restarting the VPN client helps, but that was not the case before, with 4.1.0. I am using Torguard as VPN provider. Anyone else with the same issue?

1 Like