Firmware 4.4.6 beta 1 is out

The 4.4.6 beta firmware is out for GL-A1300 Slate Plus, GL-AX1800 Flint, GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, GL-MT2500/GL-MT2500A Brume 2 and GL-MT3000 Beryl AX.

Release note:

2 Likes

i cant see the beta 4.4.6 , it say there is no new beta?!

Is https://dl.gl-inet.com/ working normally now ? Stuck in the device select page first then now no any firmware found on any selected model/channels.

Hi, all
I am sorry for that.Our server is being upgraded now, please wait about an hour to download.Thanks!

1 Like

It seems the FW 4.4.6 beta 1 can’t be found except for MT2500 model after server is back to be working?

now I see it, thanks !

The flashbacks of when 4.4.5 came out and broke absolutely everything! Oh God!!

Which model? Why do you roll back?

I use 4.2.3 on Flint as its the latest stable

I was really hopeful that one of the most enduring problems might have been resolved with this release as my Beryl AX felt pretty stable connected directly to my ISP router via ethernet but then…Nah. Nothing much has changed when to comes to using it in wireless repeater mode:

This is with a fresh install of this beta firmware followed by factory reset and keeping all default settings as they are with router scanning working with no issues and picking up my main 5GHz SSID but unable to connect properly to it to repeat!

So for some reason, another fresh install followed by a factory reset and then a reboot and the 5GHz repeater seems to now be working. Unsure as to why it took a couple of installs and resets as well as a reboot for the repeater to finally connect. Also repeating 2.4Ghz appeared to work immediately with no issues. Will keep on testing and see.

I found that repeater connection is slow when you reboot the device. If this happens, just “Abort” and connect repeater again.

Installed on both mt3000 and axt1800. Allows Mt3000 to connect to axt1800 as repeater at 5ghz, which is rare. I notice this beta firmware is now unavailable.

Do you mean MT3000 failed to connect to AXT1800 as repeater(feature shown below) at 5G after v4.4.6 beta1 was installed on both MT3000 and AXT1800?Which channel and bandwidth are both devices working in at 5G?Could you post me the logs?Thanks!

No. The mt3000 connects to axt1800 as repeater without fail. It is an unusual feature that the connection is always 5Ghz. Using past firmwares, the connection is usually 2.4Ghz.

Repeater mode selects band to connect to based on signal strength and 5G priority;You can select 2.4GHz at “Repeater → repater option → Band selection” if you want to connect at 2.4GHz only.

It remains available to me, what are you seeing?

https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=mt3000&type=beta

k.

can there be an option to automatically block devices (quarantine) so they can be added to the access control list? And maybe a webui to view blocked devices and notification via goodcloud that a new device was quarantine. This could come in handy for them kids that try to connect with private MAC.

You can add an Allowlist and clients outside the Allowlist will be blocked.

I guess I shouldn’t have bothered mentioning it. It was missing, but now it’s back.