Firmware release v2.27

Hi there,

What do you mean with except mt33n-v1 and mt300a?
In the firmware download section I see that you released a v2.27 firmware for mt300a… is it safe to use?

@gachmuret Do you mean this url? This is safe to upgrade but doesn’t work with keep configuration file, it means that it is the same as doesn’t keep configuration when upgrading.

Yes, that’s what I meant… my bad, I wasn’t aware that I’m looking in testing folder…

So official v1 has no release yet? What’s the matter? I’m on the test release since its release and didn’t encounter issues… in contrary all seems to be more stable and I see an increase in Luci GUI speed also…

As for keep configuration no problem… one can just backup it and reupload after upgrade.

I updated my GL.MIFI today and most things worked. However, the changed LED assignment did not, and I couldn’t correct it using the (advanced) gui. The changes were either not saved or caused the 3g-modem interface to go down. In the end, I had to edit /etc/config/system directly with this contents:

config led ‘led_cloud’
option default ‘0’
option trigger ‘netdev’
option dev ‘tun0’
option sysfs ‘gl-mifi:wan’
option name ‘CLOUD’
option mode ‘link tx rx’

config led ‘led_3g4g’
option default ‘0’
option trigger ‘netdev’
option mode ‘link tx rx’
option sysfs ‘gl-mifi:net’
option name ‘3G4G’
option dev ‘3g-modem’

config led ‘led_wlan’
option name ‘WLAN’
option sysfs ‘gl-mifi:wlan’
option trigger ‘phy0tpt’
option default ‘0’

config led ‘led_lan’
option name ‘LAN’
option sysfs ‘gl-mifi:lan’
option trigger ‘netdev’
option mode ‘link tx rx’
option dev ‘eth1’
option default ‘0’

The lan, wifi and 3g/4g LED’s are for their normaly purpose, while the wan led is up when my OpenVPN connection has been established. One surely confusing thing is that the name of the 3G/4G LED (the right most) isn’t gl-mifi:3gcontrol, but gl-mifi:net

Did update on one AR300M to 2.27.

I see the device now properly connects with AES-256-CBC settings however the speed has dropped off tremendously. I’m only able to achieve 3Mbps or so in my normal configuration whereas previously it would do 7-10Mbps pretty regularly. It appears AES-256-CBC really, really hits these small routers hard.

Have not seen any other glaring issues (yet…) but I’ve just started to use 2.27 on one device. The slow down of the VPN was marked and immediately noticeable :frowning:

The most critical issue is keeping configuration. So we don’t place it to released directory. Maybe someone care for this.

gl-mifi:3gcontrol is usb power control of the modem. Never use it as IO.

Are there plans to provide an update for the MT-300n V1?

@rich If you don’t care for keeping configuration file issue, you can upgrade manually. Firmware is available in mt300n-v1.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that since attempting the upgrade to firmware version 2.27 my A300M was bricked, with no way to reach the user interface.
I notice today that that is not quite the case, by doing a few things differently I am able to get some life out of it - not enough to use it, but enough to confirm that it is not completely bricked.
The things I had to do differently were:

1. Only boot my pc after connecting the router, not before
  2. Connect on 192.168.1.1, instead of 192.168.8.1.
  3. Use a different browser (not Firefox).
    When I do these things I can get into the luci interface.
    From there I flashed a backup of my previous configuration, which worked, and restored my root password and even restored the wifi network to life which was previously completely dead.

So the router cannot be beyond repair, and I would like to get it back again, but I ONLY have access to the luci interface not to the main UI, and I am not familiar enough with that interface to be able to get main UI going again (for all I know it might not even be possible).

Is there a way that I can achieve this from luci and if so what is it?

Edit: I have just reconnected the gli router to my modem and it is working perfectly, I am posting this edit with wifi internet provided by the gli, so it is in no way bricked, however I am still completely unable to connect to the default UI and so am unable to control such things as my vpn. The luci Network/Interfaces shows a vpn ‘tun0’ connection but it is not active.

I ssh’d into the router and read www/index.html - which I think is the correct address for the Normal UI - this is what it reads, is there something wrong here?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11$
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=/cgi-bin/luci" />
</head>
<body style="background-color: white">
<a style="color: black; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;" href="/cgi-$
</body>
</html>

Looks to me like you have flashed with the “clean” version…

@viking777 You should upgrade stardard firmware, here are all firmware for all products, the stardard firmware is located in each product v1 subdirectory.

@blue-wavenet - Yes, I did flash the ‘clean’ version - I guess that is wrong.
@kyson-lok - Sorry for being so ignorant about this, but I did read the readme.txt in https://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar300m/ and it seems to say something different:

Nand firmware is in “nand” folder. Normally what you use is in this folder.
All other folders is for Nor firmware. For example, “v1” is our stock firmware for Nor flash and “tor” is the tor firmware for Nor flash.

Also, when I try to flash a file from the v1 folder I get the message:

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Could somebody please point me at the ‘exact’ file I need to flash to recover my router?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I did try this file: https://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar300m/nand/v1/openwrt-ar300m-nand-2.264.tar but it still does not have the normal UI, only luci.

SOLVED

This question is now solved for me. Nothing to do with what firmware I uploaded it was simply that the default address to access the router UI was wrong.
The correct address is
http://192.168.8.1/router_cgi
This goes straight into the main UI - anything else goes to luci.

Having issues with my AR150 and AR-300M16-Ext.

The AR-150 I’ve had for over 10 months. It has worked flawlessly. I’ve been proactive in updating the firmware as they become available. When I upgraded to firmware version 2.27 (from 2.264), it no longer will automatically switch between saved stations.

So, I purchased a AR300M16-Ext. It arrived at my door with firmware 2.264. I configure it, and all is working. I update the firmware to 2.27, and now I no longer get the gl-inet interface (html). The device will redirect me to the /cgi-bin/luci/ interface.

Not very happy with the 2.27 upgrades on both devices. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful. I’m all set to box up the AR300M16 and send it back for a replacement.

#1 wisp, can you ssh to the device and check if gl_health process is running or not, or you can run it manually.
#2 web, can you confirm you can search the AP? If yes, maybe the system is startup, you can try to clean browser cache, otherwise, the device is bricked, you should debricked it follow this guide.

The auto redirect is because you tried clean firmware or openwrt firmware that the browser have cache for the index.html.

By clean your browser cache it will be solved.

What to do when “untick rebind-protection” on the dns page DOES NOT work?
AND cloning MAC from my laptop that connected to captive portal and logged in ALSO does NOT work?
very frustrating how often the wifi on the BL1300 disconnects during set up / or when it completely doesn’t let me reconnect anymore and needs rebooted (OFTEN) :frowning: the 150 and 750 seem much more stable.

B1300 will have a firmware upgrade soon.

1 Like