Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

That’s impossible.
The password didn’t change.

If I go to the thermostat (Google Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation) and select “Connect”, it becomes online again without needing to type any new password.

Code 15 could be some WPA3 issue as well - do you use WPA3? If this is the case, try to create a new SSID for your IoT devices and stay with WPA2 there.

I’m not using WPA3

I just upgraded from latest Beta version of February to the first Beta version of March and I started to see this problem.

Now I upgraded it to the Beta version (5th of March) and I’ll keep monitoring.

I experienced a similar situation, after restart of said devices they connect normally again.

but the issue happens not constantly more randomly especially when a restart occuried and only on some devices, but i think not device specific, i have seen both the Aqara g2h camera, and homewizard power plugs having issues, but not all my home plugs show this behaviour.

For me it looks these devices are less respecting authentication and instead say hey im already authenticated, but the router does not have a entry anymore, and deauths with code 15 unauthenticated/wrong password.

^ if this can be confirmed its probably something what can be handled from the driver in a more graceful manner, or maybe in the future.

I could be mistaken though, but for me it looks like that.

1 Like

4.5.6 is missing packages needed to install Transmission. On March 4.5.7 they are. A lot of packages are missing from the openwrt 23.05 stable! Many dependences broken!

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Flint2 - Windows Defender detects Virus in Firmware image?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Need your help in testing Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) new beta firmware v4.5.7

your wifi chip in nest learning thermostat is failing. soon will not be able to connect to wifi and you’ll need a replacement. happened to me twice. moved away from nest to tado (now i have local control via Home Assistant and multizone).

I don’t think so, because another user above is also experiencing a similar issue and the device is not the Nest Learning Thermostat.

By the way, on Beta driver from 5th of March looks much more stable

Yeah it has been great so far.

One bug ive found on 4.5.7 release 5 is im not able to use any of the 100+ channels when ive got 160mhz enabled on the 5ghz band, previously I was able to use channel 128 and get away for all other wifi traffic in my area, but on this beta none of the 100+ channels are working.

What do you mean by „not working“? They don’t show up?

Is the country code in luci correct?
See List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia

1 Like

by not working I mean it wont use any of them, it reverts and defaults itself to channel 40 which everyone is on, previously it worked fine around about firmware 4.5.4

Im in the UK and based on that link you just sent me, I should be perfectly fine using channel 128 DFS.

There is also no option to set country code in Luci, unless im looking in the wrong place, but im going to Wireless > Edit > Advanced setting

EDIT: seems like the country code thing might be the problem, however, with no way to change it thats an even bigger problem, its currently showing 00 in luci which is the US.

OK so a quick update, I back flashed to 4.5.4 and can now set the country code in Luci, and now channel 128 DFS is working fine.

There might is, but you have to edit the wireless configuration inside /etc/config/wireless, but it is unconfirmed for me it also applies to the driver :+1:

Somebody know a way to check this remotely via phone?, maybe through app?, because iw command to diagnose it doesn’t work on router itself.

Strange, I am running 4.5.7 and I was able to change it using luci.
My Wi-Fi shows DE which is the correct one.

1 Like

its strange, because if i compare the Beryl AX, this device has a extra luci app pre configured specially for mediatek country setting, probably due to luci not being compatible, but this is missing.

I hope they add it :+1:

I successfully changed my region to US through config/wireless and it did apply since I can now use 144 channel which was not initially available and its now actively using this channel since I have it on repeater mode for load balancing.

2 Likes

I can confirm this. The default wireless config for 4.5.7 release 5 with 128 DFS channel works on my end

1 Like

Have you confirmed with a 3rd party app that its actually using that channel, because for me although the router was saying I was on channel 128 DFS, WiFi analyser app on my phone was showing I was on channel 40 and so was my TV advanced IP settings.

So again ive flashed 4.5.7 and still not able to change the country code in Luci, but I did manage to successfully change it in /etc/config/wireless using WinSCP as per @xize11 stated, but again, although the router is showing im on channel 128, im not really.

Untitled

1 Like