Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

What is surprising is that other routers are using the same MediaTek filogic chipset such as Asus TUF-AX6000, Xiaomi Redmi AX6000, TPlink tl-xdr6088 and share the same drivers. What are they doing?

4 Likes

I don’t need OpenWrt, I just need the equipment to support Dual WAN at 2.5Gbpx, AX network (if it supports BE better), Wifi 5Ghz 4x4 and 2.4Ghz at least 2x2 and Mesh network!

Asus would be an option, but here in Brazil, it costs the equivalent of $600.00

1 Like

I wonder the same :+1:

The only difference may be the space the wireless driver is allocated on, and maybe some hw changes i don’t know off?

On the BPI-R4 i noticed a issue on OpenWrt GitHub the driver had issues above 4gb ram.

But also the asus ax6000 tuf seem to have minor issues but less severe than mt6000.

Edit

One thing i know for sure, it is not a hardware defect, because the wifi issue has been solved for me on the mediatek sdk.

2 Likes

True.
I came from that asus router and I have never had any Wifi problems. Unfortunately on that router merlin firmware cannot be installed (at least 2-3 months ago).
Flint 2 is definitely better in terms of configurations, it’s an openwrt based router and this (for me) make the difference and to be honest when (and if) the WiFi issue will be fixed we will have a great domestic router.

1 Like

This is definitely a good question. I’m wondering the same.

Are you sure that they all use the open source driver?

1 Like

Checked few moments ago. Accordingly with https://dlsvr04.asus.com.cn/pub/ASUS/wireless/TX-AX6000/GPL_TX_AX6000_300438831927..zip?model=TUF-AX6000 they are using mt_wifi_7981
And nowadays you can install also OpenWrt (23.05.2) on that… ([OpenWrt Wiki] ASUS TUF-AX6000)

2 Likes

Reason code 15 indicates password wrong.

1 Like

How is everyone finding 4.5.7 (dated 2023-03-05) ?
I’ve messed up my router and need to factory reset it tonight, was thinking if this is stable enough I would give it a go.

I don’t mind using Beta software and I’m comfortable with the CLI and OpenWRT… as long as everyone’s WiFi works in the house they couldn’t care less.

Just wanted to make sure there were no known major issues that will cause me a headache.

That’s impossible.
The password didn’t change.

If I go to the thermostat (Google Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation) and select “Connect”, it becomes online again without needing to type any new password.

Code 15 could be some WPA3 issue as well - do you use WPA3? If this is the case, try to create a new SSID for your IoT devices and stay with WPA2 there.

I’m not using WPA3

I just upgraded from latest Beta version of February to the first Beta version of March and I started to see this problem.

Now I upgraded it to the Beta version (5th of March) and I’ll keep monitoring.

I experienced a similar situation, after restart of said devices they connect normally again.

but the issue happens not constantly more randomly especially when a restart occuried and only on some devices, but i think not device specific, i have seen both the Aqara g2h camera, and homewizard power plugs having issues, but not all my home plugs show this behaviour.

For me it looks these devices are less respecting authentication and instead say hey im already authenticated, but the router does not have a entry anymore, and deauths with code 15 unauthenticated/wrong password.

^ if this can be confirmed its probably something what can be handled from the driver in a more graceful manner, or maybe in the future.

I could be mistaken though, but for me it looks like that.

1 Like

4.5.6 is missing packages needed to install Transmission. On March 4.5.7 they are. A lot of packages are missing from the openwrt 23.05 stable! Many dependences broken!

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Flint2 - Windows Defender detects Virus in Firmware image?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Need your help in testing Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) new beta firmware v4.5.7

your wifi chip in nest learning thermostat is failing. soon will not be able to connect to wifi and you’ll need a replacement. happened to me twice. moved away from nest to tado (now i have local control via Home Assistant and multizone).

I don’t think so, because another user above is also experiencing a similar issue and the device is not the Nest Learning Thermostat.

By the way, on Beta driver from 5th of March looks much more stable

Yeah it has been great so far.

One bug ive found on 4.5.7 release 5 is im not able to use any of the 100+ channels when ive got 160mhz enabled on the 5ghz band, previously I was able to use channel 128 and get away for all other wifi traffic in my area, but on this beta none of the 100+ channels are working.