Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

I’m asking our collegue for the version plan, will have a feedback quickly

Got it. It seems hree bug that didn’t compile in the R6 version. We will check it.

I did the test here and both the wifi region and the channel work normally

But changing the WiFi region is changing something?

Go to LuCi → Top menu Network → Wireless → Edit your 5GHz network unticking the option “Force 40MHz mode”

Yes, it limits the power of the WiFi and the availability of channels…

I mean, it’s really changing?
Check with the WiFi Analyser (or whatever similar app)

in any app it is limited to 19dbm for 5ghz and 17 for 2.4ghz regardless of what you change. As the dev already commented, it is a bug that has yet to be fixed. If you have any doubts, update there and do your test, put it in Europe and check if it limits the power.

So, it’s changing nothing?

Like I said, it’s bugged, I don’t know if it changed or not, aren’t you the guy who does basic math calculations? See if it has changed and let us know.

1 Like

I’m not understanding…
Here you said that it’s changing:

I tested it, and it’s not changing. This is why I asked.

Isn’t what changing, my dear friend from southern Brazil? the channels or the power? Because the channels here do change, just the power, which I can’t confirm, but you’ve confirmed it to us now.

Thanks, now we are on the same page… It’s not changing :+1:

I’m finding the same problem on firmware 4.5.7 (2024-03-11)

Does anyone know how I can have Wireguard VPN client enabled (IPv4) with VPN policy based on client devices (only 2 devices in Lan use VPN) + IPv6 Passthrough for the router ?

It seems when Wireguard client is active, IPv6 doesn’t work.

1 Like

40mhz mode is not enabled by default

still having the same problem, but not on earlier versions, I think when flashing this firmware, something isnt resetting, ie its leaving an old file behind or my MT6000 is just borked, I have tried everything, 40mhz, 80mhz 160mhz, non of them will use the 100+ channels on this firmware, but previous versions do.

On my other end, I have no problem with this. I just keep reconfiguring my router every update even if its the same version and different release number. Im currently using 144 and didn’t dropped aside from a sudden bug when the signal on 5ghz was fluctuating and keeping and dashboard a bit laggy but a simple reboot fixed it and didn’t happen again. (4.5.7 rel 6)

hi,japa182,Thank you for sharing,
Q1: Factory configuration is ['cronloglevel=“10”] ,If you have set anything in the Luci system interface,it will become ['cronloglevel=“5”], That’s the reason for the “This configuration always comes back”.
Q2: MT6000 fixed in 4.5.7 r6.
Q3: Repairing.

1 Like

Yah same here, wireguard breaks ipv6

When IPv6 is enabled, WAN interfaces such as Ethernet will get their IPv6 addresses via DHCPv6. You can also modify the IPv6 address manually in the Ethernet settings page. Some features (firewall, VPN, client list, GoodCloud) do not yet support IPv6.
Note: If you use functions of both VPN and IPv6 at the same time, it’s likely to cause IPv6 data leakage.