Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

This helped me to get my both MT6000 back online, many thanks for this advice. The conlusion is that you should review and fix the re-activate button in the iOS app which did not have any effect (as described in my post) as well as the 'Rebind the Device’ option in the Administration Panel which currenly results in opening a Whitelabel Error Page.

Btw, update on my 5G Wi-Fi problem. MT6000 1226 firmware aka version “4.5.5” did improved my 5G Wi-Fi bandwidth. It’s not as high as what my physical hardware can handle but I guess theres just some problems with my overall test setup. From 60 Mbps to this.

1 Like

The issue will be fixed in the cloud server update within this week.

1 Like

@lincoln the snapshot version of openwrt has a more up-to-date wifi firmware than the one you launched on the 26th, I verified that the wifi version is from August, in the snapshot the version is from 11/12.

Can you update to this version?

the 2.4 wifi at 40hz is still having speed problems…
Captura de tela 2023-12-27 090050

1 Like

I agree. The 2.4ghz is still broken even in 4.5.5.

2 Likes

Another small issue.
When the router reboot, it’s not able to reach for some reason goodcloud server and as final result, you will see your router offline.
This not happens all time but /etc/init.d/gl-cloud restart help
I think gl.inet Staff already knows this cause it’s quite similar to this one: GL-MT3000 Beryl AX does not refresh goodCloud connection when internet connection change (repeater mode) - #9 by Matus

you can’t switch to kernel 6.1.67?

|Model|GL.iNet GL-MT6000|
|Architecture|ARMv8 Processor rev 4|
|Target Platform|mediatek/filogic|
|Firmware Version|OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r24673-659f027e69 / LuCI Master git-23.352.59927-d41e972|
|Kernel Version|6.1.67|
Sorry not upgrade in to release gl-inet 4.56 thanks

I applied your settings and run some tests from multiple devices, but I wasn’t able to replicate your your latency issues at all. And I wasn’t seeing any duplicate packets via Wireshark either.

Did you go into the advanced wireless settings and enable Force 40MHz mode? Since I noticed that 40MHz wasn’t being used without this setting enabled.

I think everyones experiencing poor 2.4GHz range, which of course impacts the speed. But you seem to be the only person that’s also experiencing latency issues, even when you’re using OpenWrt snapshots. So, maybe you’ve got a hardware fault?

yes it’s enabled and it’s default when you select 40MHz from GL UI. I’m not the only person, @japa182 and others also have the same problem. And it happens mostly with Android and old devices. In my PC it does not happens

Yeah. I tested with an old Xperia Z1, my Pocophone F1 and an old Dell laptop that only supports 2.4GHz at N speeds. But there were absolutely no latency issues. Just poor range, which prevents the devices from getting 100MB+ due to the reduced link speed.

I have the same problem, download below 100mb at 40hz only on Android and old devices, but on my PC ax200 it works normally with ping, low latency and download at 300mb which is my limit.

So yes you are having problems with 2.4ghz

and tested the new version 4.5.5

What’s your download latency at when using 2.4GHz? For me it’s always under 20ms, no matter the device used.

If the issue was with 5GHz then I would of suggested trying this, since that fixes things for the Xiaomi Redmi AX6000, which uses the same CPU and WiFi chips as the GL-MT6000. But I don’t think it does anything for 2.4GHz.

Could you please do a 2,4GHz speedtest on a android phone and share your results, like this:

I’ll have to get back to you on that later, since my networks currently busy. But I can tell you that speedtest.net and fast.com were what I used during testing, so I already know that my download latency is less than 20ms when using 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

For me the only issue is with the 2.4GHz range, which is what impacts the speed.

Wow impressive. I can’t reach this latency in 2.4ghz

speedtest dot net results

22.16 down , 10.49 up, ping ms 34 / 33 / 45

Starts at 33 Mbps down, and steadily drops down to 20s

Final: 24.60 down, 10.77 up, ping ms 35 / 32 / 38

few meters away from router.
2.4Ghz only guest wifi

Issue definitely confined to 2.4Ghz
Per request, I have turned off rebooting and will test periodically to see if speeds vary

I need to see what’s in the logs before I post just in case.

Speedtest

I’m using the latest OpenWrt snapshot with WED and SQM enabled.

Mode: N, Channel: 11, Width: 40MHz forced, Transmit power: 20 dBm.

I did this test from my Pocophone F1 with the router a few meters away from me. But if I were to go upstairs then I could easily lose up to 20MB due to the poor range when using 2.4GHz.

Something obviously isn’t right, since 5GHz shouldn’t have better range than 2.4GHz and you guys shouldn’t be experiencing latency issues. But I just hope that the issues caused by the mt76 driver or EEPROM and not the hardware itself.

1 Like

@admins @lincoln @JerryZhao @alzhao @yuxin.zou @ywp @panpan @Dipin @staff @hansome Hello, regarding version 4.5.5, it has not presented any kernel error or reboot errors since I installed it, I no longer have problems with not being able to connect to WiFi after a period of inactivity. sqm, hw/sw accelerator, wireguard, adguard, tailscale all working as they should. Now the only problem I face and everyone must be facing is the low speed, high ping and latency on 2.4 WiFi at 40hz on Android and older devices. otherwise everything is fine. Version that can be released as stable if desired.

look how the ping looks here in 2.4, s21+ device remembering that at 5ghz none of this happens.