Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

Screenshot

This is from an upstairs bedroom. So that’s 1 floor and a brick wall until it gets to the router in my hallway. And if it’s like this within my home just imagine what it’s like outside of it.

In the UK the 2.4GHz transmit power is limited to 20 dBm. Where as 5GHz via DFS can use 26 dBm.

33dBm in 2.4GHz and 32dBm in 5GHz

Only 2 networks? I envy you

Oh on, that’s just focused on my specific network. In my area there’s easily 35+ APs using the 2.4GHz band, but there isn’t a lot of overlapping channels because most ISP supplied routers in the UK stick to channels 1, 6 and 11 at 20MHz.

1 Like

Isn’t that the maximum transmission power?

Yes it is, on latest firmware

Have you tried using beam forming and BSS coloring? Although I’m not sure if its already being implemented by default on Gl inet’s default firmware. Maybe one of their staff can answer it.

1 Like

Idk how to enable… .

It should be in the wireless configuration file Direct link to the title of the article @misuzu sent you.

If you can ssh or winscp you can edit the file /etc/config/wireless and then add these rules under wifi-device entries only.

Though bss coloring is very new for me so i don’t know if you need different ones too for each ssid.

2 Likes

It only said per radio so, yeah. I also have no solid idea. I just know that its a Wifi 6 feature for lessening interference from other Wifi sources.

1 Like

It looks like beamforming is enabled by default now and it’ll even pick the BSS color for you, so them settings shouldn’t be needed.

1 Like

Is there anyway to confirm this on Gl inets firmware?

Try this from a shell.

cat /tmp/run/hostapd-phy1.conf | grep he_su_beamformee

If it returns he_su_beamformee=1 then it’s enabled.

1 Like

It is. Thanks!

Have you try another 2.4G WIFI channel, bandwidth and mode ?

Yes. Usually channel 6 or 11, 40mhz has the better results for me, both speed and latency

Also now in 4.5.5 mode AX seems better than mode N

This is not related with 2.4ghz issue, it’s related with some AX issue. I believe this patch is already in the 23.05 version.

it doesn’t solve it… read the complete solution it says that these commands have no effect on the mt7986 which is the firmware of the redmi ax6000 and also the mt6000. And the problem is related to 2.4 and not to 5ghz 160mhz.

It looks like you was told that this doesn’t work on the OpenWrt forum and then you deleted your account?

Anyway, I’ve tested and posted about this fix before. It doesn’t seem to do anything for the GL-MT6000 :man_shrugging:

Don’t catch any air, son, this is Brazil hahaha

Basically, you didn’t read it, you posted information that is of NO use to us. You didn’t contribute anything relevant to the forum and on top of that you created another account to offend us?

@admins minimum one ban?