Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

additional testing data:
same as last time, 2.4Ghz, guest network only.

45Mbps starting, drops down to 27Mbps
Ping is 32/33/44 on speedtest [dot] net

Upload is 10Mbps, which is accurate to what I’m supposed to get if on ethernet.

5Ghz gets full internet speed which is 300Mbps down/10Mbps up.
If I ever get 100Mbps consistently on 2.4Ghz, I think I’ll be a happy camper.

GL.inet - I am glad I did not pay full retail price on this. I would be disappointed if I paid retail + had to beta test. I have more time than money, so thank you for offering the early bird specials… My alternative choice in router would’ve been Asus, but price would’ve been probably closer to 2x the price.

Won’t be adding further discourse to this since it’s fairly the same + other people are mentioning other misc issues. Overall issue is 2.4Ghz is not performing as great as it should. Thanks again everyone.

2 Likes

same person on more than 5 accounts, whether on gl.inet or openwrt… and the admins can also delete my comment about this person being racist, very coherent on gl’s part? Not to mention that the guy still makes fun of him in the other comments.

1 Like

I think your latency is OK. Make sure you have 40MHz of bandwidth on 2.4GHz band.

I went into LUCI/advanced settings to test 20 vs 40 MHz… 20 I got 10Mbps LOL
There was a “legacy” setting - tested that and also got 8Mbps.

Numbers just keep going down…

Happy New Year everyone!

I just received the Flint 2 today. Installation took 2mn and ran smoothly.
It came with firmware v4.5.4.
I am connected via PPPoE.
30 clients are connected (both wifi and wire).
I have zero service enabled (no VPN, nothing), no plugin installed.

My problem:
After one hour or two, all clients are disconnected. Gateway is not reachable (no ping, nothing).
On some devices Wifi password is even refused (I’m 100% sure it’s correct).

The only solution I could find is to unplug/replug the Flint 2 power adapter. Then it works again, for an hour or two, then it stops working, again.

Crash log is empty.

I am truly amazed that this router fails to work on such a basic configuration.

Is there something obvious that I missed or should I just send it back?!

1 Like

Test this version http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt6000/tmp/ or version 4.5.2, the others are not stable and present this disconnection problem…

If you are going to test version 4.5.5 from the link I posted, you have to run the command below in ssh as the opkg packages are unconfigured

sed -i ‘s/kmod-4.5/kmod-4.5.5/g’ /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ll try that right away.

Hi,It may be caused by WIFI crash, which we have fixed in the firmware.Please try this firmware.Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread - #221 by lincoln

1 Like

I updated to 4.5.5, so far so good! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi,

I hope this 4.5.5 can be officially released as a beta and packaged fully so no additional commands are need once installed. I realise there may be some other additional changes that you need to make to 4.5.5 before it’s released. Thanks for being so active to resolve bugs. Many Flint2 users are counting on a stable build.

Yes,We will release the state firmware within this week.Thanks.

7 Likes

I had no more problem since I installed 4.5.5. :+1:

1 Like

I wonder how is the 2.4ghz range now with 4.5.5 any improvement? :slight_smile:

also does it make sense to post iw list or not usefull?

At least for me, SOMETIMES I got a much better latency than 4.5.2/4.5.3

Nothing changed compared to 2.4ghz, they focused on disconnection due to inactivity and no longer being able to connect, which was a serious error, but 2.4ghz remains limited, with high latency and ping.

2 Likes

ah that post is usefull thanks :slight_smile: that gives me atleast some idea its not a hardware issue to worry about :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a small chance that the wifi problems are actually hardware based and needs a hardware revision other than just software tweaks?

2 Likes

There’s a chance it’s a hardware issue, but it could easily be a driver issue too. It requires more investigation.

I’ve suggested this before, but someone could ask owners of the Redmi AX6000 what their range and speed is like when using 2.4GHz, since that router uses the same SoC as the GL-MT6000. It’s just got less RAM, less flash storage and no 2.5G ethernet ports.

If an OpenWrt snapshot was compiled with the proprietary MTK drivers and this was still an issue then I guess that’d also prove that it’s likely a hardware design issue.

I don’t believe it’s only hardware issue, since a similar thing happens to GL-MT3000, but not in the same proportion on firmware update (wifi speed is much lower in openwrt 23.05)

I noticed that some devices (laptops mostly) stay connected to Wifi but lose Internet access after a while (a few hours).
I need to disable/enable wifi on each one so that they are properly connected again.
:thinking: