Flint WiFi issues

Yeah, you are right, I should have researched it in the first place, as huawei works better and is cheaper, at least it accepts all my devices… Dont, worry, I tested it as it costs 30€ on Amazon. And also, it has 2402Mbps Wifi6 :slight_smile:

No hard feelings, I really wanted to use Flint, but it just does not work, it is like beta…

1 Like

You can send me new device that you are certain functions properly on hardware level, and I will test it with my wifi devices. I can also provide you log data and web access to router web interface and SSH terminal.

2 Likes

I appreciate that you can do that. Can I direct you to engineers who are working on the firmware?

Sure, why not, if I can help :slight_smile:

hi hrvoje555:

Thank you very much for your testing and feedback and I’m really sorry for giving you a bad experience.

• Could you please help me test the Settings of the following WiFi and check to see if those devices can be connected?

And Set different SSIDs for 2.4g and 5G.

I dont have a router anymore as I was not certain is it hardware problem or software problem. That is why I asked if you could send me new device, that you are certain functions properly regarding hardware.

But… When I had device, I tried those exact settings and no much help. I even tried open encryption in 802.11.bgn mode, but still no luck. This is where I assumed maybe it is the hardware problem. Device also had some rattle inside, I forgot to mention that, something like loose wire. Maybe antenna wire from 2.4GHz become loose and is causing problems?

Hi hrvoje555,

Later, my colleague will contact you.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, would you please PM me your email, so I can arrange a new Flint for you to test and debug.

1 Like

I have sent you PM, thanks :slight_smile:

My flint 2.4g wifi that is unusable was set like yours

What are the detailed manifestations?Can’t connect or low speed?

Hi,
this morning i also had issues with Flint. The WiFi just stopped working for minute or two, and then it restarted or something like that. I saw wifi icon went off and on on my phone.

Also this somehow affected at least one wired device (Orange PI): I had to restart it to be able to reach it after wifi problem was already gone…

looking at the Flint log’s i see many errors… attaching them.

can someone from GL.inet look at the logs and do their best to fix this from happening again?

FlintLogs.zip (21.1 KB)

Hi drevster:

We will release the new beta firmware next week.It will solve the problem.

Thank you very much!

Please fix UI to allow to select more 5G channels. Now it only allows 4 lowest channels, nothing more. while there are many more channels allowed for public use and higher radio power.

Available in UI:
channels

Allowed channels:
channels2

I forced it via config to channel 100 and it works much better with much better range.

Also, enable 160MHz channel width in 5Ghz for testing purpose.

While new testing firmware (3.207) version fixed 2.4GHz wifi problem with device connecting, there is another problem. 2.4GHz AX not working properly, becomes slow, unresponsive, only reboot helps.

Using [qsdk-ax1800-3.207-1124.img]

Since begin my WiFi doesnt works. I did try everything in the settings. Only complete reset helps, but the WiFi Issue comes back again.

Issue: Mobile can connect to router, but Ethernet doesnt works. With LAN everything works.
This is the WiFi Image at the status bar:

If you need more Information, then tell me… This Issue is making my router useless for now

Doesn’t Ethernet work after restart network?

Yes even restart doesnt fix the WiFi Issue

If it’s convenient, please help send me the following configuration file:
/etc/config/network
/etc/config/wireless

Thanks!

Please update the firmware:http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/ax1800/testing/ (qsdk-ax1800-3.207-1129.img)

Thanks!