GL-AR300M missing luci-app-mwan3 package?

I’d like to configure fail over for an AR-300. Apparently I’d need the luci-app-mwan3 package, but it’s not in the repository. Where do I get it?

What firmware version are you using?

Mwan3 has been in the default firmware v3.x and failover is there already.

According to the Luci status page:
OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.196.56128-9112198)

Version 3.026, downloaded from:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar300m/nand/testing/

Where do I control failover?

Mwan3 is installed but luci-app-mwan3 is not.

You can install luci-app-mwan3 from the repo and it should be there

Furthermore, the best ways to config mwan3 is just to modify the config files directly.

The router does failover from WAN to Repeater to Tethering to Modem by default. The order can be changed from /etc/config/network by modifying the “metric” options.

The luci-app-mwan3 package is NOT in the repo. I’ve already checked.

When I check for luci-app the only package that comes up is luci-app-firewall.

If I search for mwan3 only one package comes up.

So, does the repo need updating/fixing? Or is there some other place I can down the package?

As a side note, the router is an hour away on a boat in Annapolis.

I configured this router to use a Pantech UML290 USB modem dongle for Verizon 4G LTE. And then set up an OpenVPN connection back to the office. I can even SSH into it. It’s been pretty reliable maintaining a connection. That’s how I’ve been able to check the admin pages, back out through the VPN.

What I’d like to be able to do is have it detect when a WiFi network is available and use that to make a connection instead of the Verizon LTE link. If not automatically then something via the web UI.

As in my picture, did you click “Update” as the first step?

You just set up repeater in the UI. Save the SSIDs.

The router is doing what you want already.

No, it doesn’t. It does not switch from LTE to WiFi when the known SSID is available.

And if I have a way via the UI to control this then I could do it manually.

Think of this being used as a travel router, not just as a failover for a router in fixed location.

just trying to help. maybe not quite the same but was thinking travelmate

if they are two separate issues maybe some at gl-inet needs to send a test engineer on a cruise. I’m sure for at least a week. :wink: who ever goes you can thank me later :slight_smile:

But can you just click the saved SSID to connect when available ?

This feature should work without problems. We would like to do a remote assistant via teamviewer. We can do it before you go on travel. I’d like to send myself to cruise. But this should be the same as hotel and homes, right?

I made the mistake of editing the metric on the WiFi connection remotely. The router rebooted and now I’ve lost connectivity. I’ll have to make the hour’s drive to the boat to reset it. The curious part is the OpenVPN config is making a connection, but it’s no longer routing back into itself.

With luck I’ll be able to retrieve it from the boat sometime this weekend.

Meanwhile, any chance the repo can get updated to include the luci mwan3 package?

Ok. I will check the repo. Can we do a remote check next Monday HKT?

When you get the router pls reset the firmware by doing a revert and start over.

I will bring the router back to the office by Monday and have it ready for further testing/config.

What firmware should I load on it?

3.026 should be fine.