GL-AR300M not recognising Huawei E3372 USB Modem

Thanks, Glitch, but still the same as previously described…

How about a response from the folks at GL-iNet…?..!

Your firmware version is too old. Please use a cable Internet and upgrade.

You can manually upgrade to v2.264 from GL.iNet download center

My device does not recognise any of the listed firmware there. Exactly which one do I need for the update?

Hello GL inet,

How about a reply to my problem, as above (My device does not recognise any of the listed firmware there. Exactly which one do I need for the update?)?

and

"…I have an identical problem with the Huawei E3372 and the gl-ar300m.

In fact exactly similar down to connecting to “3” in the UK, and similar in France.

All the screenshots would be exactly the same too!

Has the problem been solved? And how?
Thanks, Barry..."??

It’s in the readme, buddy!

http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar300m/nand/v1/readme.txt

The second part of your rambling…well, I couldn’t read it!

v2.264 can be upgrade online now. Please try.

I had similar problems with the E3372 I have a random ebay item as well which had two distinct problems.

before starting ensure that the stick and router are on different IP ranges ( they have the same by default) I set my stick to 192.168.7.*

1. it kept losing connection every few seconds

2. no internet

the first was a power issue, I connected the stick via a powered usb hub (the hub required an additional 5v supply)

the second was a bridging issue, go to ‘Advanced’ mode then ‘interfaces’ select the ‘tethered’ option and then ‘edit’ once in ‘edit’ select ‘physical’ add a check mark to each of the interfaces you want to bridge to for me this was eth1 and wlan. This bridges the 4G stick to both the LAN port and Wifi. Once you have made your selections hit ‘save and apply’ you should now be able to connect via the LAN and wifi.

Hello,
I agree with my problem here:
I have the mt300n-v2 with the firmware 2.27 and the E3372.
As soon as the stick turns blue, the wi-fi will go out and stop working until the stick is dark again.
Can you please help me there.
Thanks in advance.

DiD you change the GL LAN IP as per the above post?

I have a Huawei E8372 and as with the other ones above can’t connect.
The ar300M just does not recognise the modem/USB dongle, and yes, they both have a
different IP address.
Expected this to be an easy job, guess not.
Seems like a sloppy job since Huawei should be supported.

E8372 is not in Tethering tab?

No, I tried that.
Also, can’t send any AT commands, weird thing is though I can see some activity on that IP address/Port.

Have to add that it is working on my Mac, just not when I insert it into the GL-AR300M.

I think it should be a driver problem. The current version doesn’t support E8372.

Can you try firmware v2.27? It is using LEDE1701 so it should newer than the firmware v2.264, which is probably you are using.

Thanks Alzhao

I upgraded to 2.7, makes no difference.
Odd thing is, on the dongle it says it’s a E8372, when I check into the 300M it says it’s a ME 909s-821, this is odd, I searched google for it and it’s a PCI device.
So, I guess it’s just reporting wrong or the firmware is from a ME909s, I bought the stick through AlieExpress, this might be the problem.

I have the same problem.
Bought a Huawei E3372 (Vodafon) on ebay which works flawless on my win 10 laptop.

When I connect it to the GL-MT300N-V2-eb1 it shows this:
|Model|ME909s-821|
|IMEI:|undefined|
|Carrier|Detecting…|

Under Modem Tools I can’t select a Modem Device. The drop down is empty.

Under New connection → tethering I see eth1.

The modem flashes every 3 seconds.

I did reset, changed the LAN IP of the GL. But still the same problem.
The firmware is 2.7 and I power the GL from a power bank which supports 2A.

I can’t just buy another 4G modem. What can I try or how can I help to fix this problem which obviously more people have?

From what you said, it is recognized as Tethering device. Just use eth1 to set up. It is hostless.

I registered a ttyUSB device which appears as modem but actually it works in tethering mode.

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I tried that.
The problem is that the modem won’t connect. According to the screenshot tethering should work. But the Modem just don’t connect to the internet.
The GL runs on a 2A power supply. That should be strong enough to power the modem, right?

The USB dongle is working in TETHERing mode and it will not work in Modem mode at the same time.

I am looking everywhere. But how or where can i disable the Modem mode?
I just did a new reset. And when i plug in the modem it starts the “Modem Connection” as you see in the last screenshot automatically.
Does it help to send some log files?