GL-AR300M password changed

I have a GL-AR300M. Yesterday I tried to log in and got Network Security Key failure. I never changed the original kay “goodlife” Afer I was able to enter the router with a direct network cable connection I found out that the wifi key had changed to something completely different. The key now is PL20180512.
How is this possible???

If you never changed the default password, it’s possible another user logged in (you can check if this is the case in the Clients section). Did you have a secure password for the admin panel?

Yes. The admin panel had its own password. I wonder if they did an update and changed the password.

This might help you.

Suprise, suprise why did it change.Because before it was “goodlife”

I am in a similar situation. My GL-AR300M-Ext ran out of memory and became unresponsive. Did a full reset and am now stuck with not being able to connect to the setup SSID.
Neither goodlife, nor PL20180515 is valid.

I am on the road without a laptop to hook up and do command line wizardry. Anyone knows the default password of the latest firmware this device could have auto-upgraded itself to?

No command line wizardry necessary. Connect to user interface with a network cable. instead of over wifi. Under WIRELESS - WIFI KEY find your current password.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I did not pack a laptop, just cell phone and tablet, so plugging into the Ethernet port is not an option.

Maybe doing another reset could help then? Using the physical button, the 30 30 30 method.

1. When the router is on, press the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds.
  2. While holding down the reset button, turn off the power of the router and hold down the reset button for 30 seconds
  3. While holding down the reset button, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds

Old trick, but might just work :smile: :man_shrugging:

Basically keep holding reset for 90 secs while on - off - on

Powering on while holding reset will put you in uboot mode.

To reset

Power on and wait a while
Hold down the reset button,the led will flash (can’t remember exactly which one)
It will flash faster,
It will flash faster again.
At this time release the reset button.

This should reset the router.