[GL.iNet] GoodCloud IoT Platform Beta Testing

We are pleased to announce Beta Testing of our GoodCloud platform www.goodcloud.xyz. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Core features:

• Check live router status, including online/offline, RAM, system load, LTE Signal etc.
  • Set up router remotely, e.g. changing SSID and Key.
  • Monitoring clients connected to your router. You can also see real-time traffic of each client (need to enable in router first) or block specific client.
  • Operate routers in batch, e.g. batch reboot, upgrade etc.
  • Manage routers in groups and list routers in one page.
  • Site to Site.

How to enable and use this service:

Note: You have to upgrade to firmware v3.021 manually. Please check instructions below.

Note: To enable GoodCloud service, please check the docs here : https://docs.gl-inet.com/en/3/app/cloud/.

Here is the screenshot of Web Admin Panel.

Her is the screenshot of GoodCloud.

Firmware download:

GL-X750(Spitz) testing firmware download

GL-AR750S(Slate) testing firmware download

GL-AR750(Creta) testing firmware download

GL-B1300(Convexa-B) testing firmware download

GL-AR150(White) testing firmware download

GL-AR300M(Shadow) testing firmware download

GL-MT300N-V2(Mango) testing firmware download

GL-MT300A testing firmware download

GL-MT300N testing firmware download

For GL-USB150, it can use GoodCloud too, but it only can be binded to GoodCloud by “Auto discover”

GL-USB150 testing firmware download

About Security:

• The data transmission between the router and the cloud is encrypted.
  • Your WiFi key and other password will not be upload to the cloud.
  • Only basic setting of your router is not stored in the cloud. Most of your settings is set to your router directly.
  • There are three regions (server clusters) for you to choose: Europe, America and Global (rest of the world). Data are not shared across regions. So you need to bind your device only to one region. It will not appear in other regions.
  • You can turn off GoodCloud service any time on your router. Your router will display if your device is bound by any users.

Another thread about GoodCloud

1 Like

I had added most models to GoodCloud.

cloud-all-model

1 Like

This service is completely useless behind a carrier grade double NAT, which is whole bunch of folks in the US, since not everyone has upgraded to IPV6.

You guys need to find a way to make this tunnel through a NAT without the need for port forwarding or DDNS.

If DDNS worked for me, I could have been using that a year ago.

To make use of this, I’m going to have to build my own VPN server, and configure each router through VPN.

That defeats the purpose of cloud management.

DDNS and the Cloud are separate things. The router is making a connection to the server when cloud is configured, and using that for control. Works in the same way as a VPN connection. The connection is made outbound.

Double NAT only affects connections made inbound from a remote location, and port forwards, NOT the same thing here.

The idea for the cloud is to be able to remotely configure the router only. It does not affect any services or other things you would be running on the router or on the network. To access remote services yes, you need a VPN if you are behind a Double NAT.

There are a lot of customers that want to be able to remote control their routers, ban clients, change settings and so on even behind a NAT or Double NAT, this is for them.

Please test it, read about it, before making a rant here next time.

Their own documentation says DDNS is required.

I must have missed the part where every other router cloud management solution requires me to configure a VPN in order for it to work.

Hmm this is not what i was told.

I think that is only for generating the unique id and to verify that the router is really original/valid.

@alzhao @kyson-lok Could you clarify that please? Why is DDNS required?

Johnex’s reply is correct.

Input DDNS info when Manually Add Router to Cloud, just to verify that the router is really original/valid.

1 Like

It appears to work. Obviously the manual needs to mention that the DDNS is for authentication only. That’s not clear, at all.

I can reboot the device and see clients attached to WIFI. However, this does QoS by client on WIFI only. I need to be able to limit speeds by interface, especially LAN. I’m blind to anything connected to ethernet. Features from Cloudtrax need to be copied, like the charts/graphs dashboard, for current usage and data used, etc. Real time traffic needs to be enabled at the router? Where is this option?

The cloud also needs to inform the user what mode the device is in (repeater, etc).

It’s pretty bare, which is understandable at this stage. What are the plans for features, in order of priority?

I thought the service was completely useless? :wink:

If it had in fact relied on DDNS, it would indeed be useless without a VPN configured for those with double NAT issues.

You can place any feature requests in the usual place here: Feature Request Thread For Firmware v3 - #151 by glitch

And bugs here: Bug Reporting Thread For Firmware v3 - #125 by lucidtek

Cloud control is different from DDNS. The adding device guide should be better.

DDNS does not work behind NAT. We will have another feature called Accessanywhere, which is different from ddns and cloud control. Accessanywhere will let you access your router even it is behind the firewall and multiple NAT.

The idea of CloudControl, DDNS and AccessAnyWhere is different and they are surely for different users. So now pls just try the first two and give suggestions.

I also think it is better to just leave your feedback in this thread other than in V3 firmware bug report. As this is different development.

1 Like

Can we get notifications when the connection is down? How hard is that to implement? I’d like an email when the link goes down after 15 minutes, and then one every half hour until it comes back online, and an email that says it’s back online. Or an SMS.

And it’d be nice to be able to ping, or traceroute, or do a speed test through the cloud for diagnostics.

Also, how is AccessAnyWhere different from Cloud Control?

This is not so difficult. As long as we verify this is a requirement by a lot of users we can add.

AccessAnyWhere is just a proxy that passthrough everything to your router. It will not record any data and not able to operate routers in batch etc. So it is like a DDNS but accessible behind NAT.

Can you guys add total data used on the interface for a time period? It’d be nice to have historical records, I’m not sure how much storage that would require. Just a running total of X amount of gigs, that you could sort by time period, like the last 2 hours, last day, last week, last month, etc. Then it could roll off. Cloudtrax does that, so you can get a graphical perspective of historical usage.

I don’t need a chart, just a total would be nice.

1 Like

What’s the time frame on the public being able to test AccessAnywhere?

There will be some time. Maybe 3 months.

We need to release the current service first.

1 Like

GL-X750(Spitz) is also available for cloud feature. test firmware download GL.iNet download center

GL-B1300 is also available for Cloud feature. Testing firmware download link: https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/b1300/testing/

1 Like