GL.iNet Launches eSIM Cards for Routers!

We are excited to announce the launch of our highly anticipated eSIM-supported products! GL.iNet’s eSIM cards are compatible with most of the Cellular routers sold by GL.iNet. With a simple web management interface, users can easily manage and use eSIM cards, making it convenient for travelers and business users to access the internet on the go, reduce roaming fees, and enhance privacy protection against tracking.

GL.iNet's eSIM solution supports both physical eSIM cards and embedded chip eSIMs. The physical eSIM eliminates the hassle of soldering, making it compatible with your current devices and providing a true plug-and-play experience. The embedded chip eSIM is designed for harsh environments, offering high reliability and longevity, making it ideal for commercial and industrial applications.

Each GL.iNet eSIM card comes with a seed profile that includes 1GB of free data for the U.S. and Europe, along with 100MB of Global data, valid for one year from activation. This allows you to purchase additional eSIM normal profiles or run basic tests when entering network-limited environments.

During the development of our eSIM products, GL.iNet conducted extensive compatibility testing across various countries to ensure that it works seamlessly with most eSIM profiles sold by popular eSIM stores. This allows you to switch between networks easily and stay connected as you travel the world. Additionally, we’ve partnered with two eSIM stores to offer more affordable and high-quality network services.

eSIM Solution Reference: GL.iNet eSIM Solution
eSIM Product Details & Purchase: GL.iNet eSIM Details
eSIM User Guide (Text): How to set up eSIM
eSIM User Guide (Video): How to set up eSIM

If you have any sales or technical inquiries, feel free to contact our Shopify team or technical support:
cs@gl-inet.com
support@gl-inet.com

For product suggestions or improvements, please contact our product manager:
hoff.xin@gl-inet.com

For business customization needs, please contact our sales team:
sales@gl-inet.com

5 Likes

Purchase where?

Please check here.

1 Like

Can it be used in a phone?

If you read the product page, it can't be used with Qualcomm chipset ... GL.iNet knows this, because the are selling routers with Qualcomm chipset.
I doubt they are testing every mobile phone and confirm it will work. At least you should mention which phone you are using.

You won't be able to set it up without the use of a supported router and so useless really for phone use anyway.

The possibility to add profiles will be implemented in the Android app later this year as well.

1 Like

Hi LupusE, thank you for your reply, you are right, this stage this esim can't manage by phone, but if you add esim profile and enable it in our router, you can move this esim card to your phone, you can use you have enabled esim profile, as I say, you can't mange(add new esim profile and switch esim profile) it in your phone. we have plan to develop a app to make customer mange the esim, but it need time, maybe end of this year.
@Lastimosa @admon

3 Likes

I even haven't thought about the configuration issue ... But eSIM isn't something I played with.
A technical white paper wold be cool. I will order one card anyway, to get some experience :wink:
As far as I know the X3000 is Qualcomm based ... Is there a compatibility list for your devices?

Compatibility so far:

• E750V2 Firmware
  • X3000 Beta Firmware
  • XE3000 Beta Firmware
  • XE300 Beta Firmware
  • X750 Beta Firmware
  • X300B Beta Firmware

Products with EP06 modules do not support esim because of Qualcomm software incompatibility.

2 Likes

Yes, X3000 is ok, you just need to upgrade newest beta firmware.
https://dl.gl-inet.com/router/x3000/?type=beta

1 Like

but what happend with devices E750 with LTE EC25 series for example.

1 Like

E750 can work esim with EC25, just EP06 is incompatible.

Hah. Dang. I updated ALL of my Puli XE300's and X750's from EC25's to EP06's for dual-carrier aggregation support.

EP06 can't use esim, because of Qualcomm software incompatibility.

Is this the case for ALL ESIMs or is it just the Gl.iNet product? If the latter, this would seem to be an egregious blunder in the development process, seeing many of your routers have the Qualcomm modem!

I mean, just EP06 can't use esim, not other modem.
In fact, the real situation is that EP06-A does not support esim, EP06-E does support esim, but EP06-E needs to upgrade the firmware software, which is more complex, and most customers will not upgrade the module software, so we advertise that EP06 does not support esim.

1 Like

Once the data allowance in the seed profile is used up, can we connect the router to existing wifi for downloading esim profile?

@alzhao @JoyceNI @Hoff, it's a great move to give extended life to Mudi and other routers, I as a customer really liked it and thanks a ton.

1 Like