GL.iNet Launches eSIM Cards for Routers!

Hi, Yes, I downloaded my eSim Profile when my router was in "repeat" mode to my home network.

Hi, you can by eSim from lot of big and famous provider, for example Vodafone, or Iliad if you are in Europe, so this eSim give big opportunity to consolidate more option in one physical eSim adapter, and can be switched in just one click.

Yes, if the seed data is depleted, please use an alternative connection method, such as Ethernet, a repeater, or tethering, to connect to the internet. Alternatively, you may top up the eSIM seed card.

Thank you very much! @ahhydri @pierocafa

Where does one find and download that? I'm keen to test as I just updated my EP06-E to the latest firmware which is suppesed to add eSIM support.

This might interest you: https://gitea.angry.im/laf0rge/OpenEUICC-SGP.26

For removable eSIM chip vendors: to have your chip supported by official builds of EasyEUICC, include the ARA-M hash 2A2FA878BC7C3354C2CF82935A5945A3EDAE4AFA

I have loaded 0413 beta 1 on my x3000 today and I do NOT see the eSIM manager in the applications- what am I doing wrong? I followed posted instructions. Thanks

Do you have the eSim installed?
I notice that you need to start the Cellular from the slot with the eSim installed and then refresh the page (or better log off and log in again).

So to clarify - to use eSIM I need a physical ‘eSIM’ card in a sim slot to store any eSIM? I can’t just add them to local memory?

Yes, this is correct. The eSIM profile will be written on the physical SIM dummy.

1 Like

Any suggestions as to where I get one in Spain? can i use other MNO physical eSIM? Thanks

I'm not sure if you can use any eSim, but the gl.inet one is available in the site:

really decent price, and you are fully supported by gl.inet because they are partner.
mine arrived to me in less than I week from the order.

I updated the previous message to point to the EU store since you are in Spain.

So where is the version 4.3.23 beta firmware for X750? I don't see it shows up on download site. This firmware was linked from eSIM documents on Gl-Inet site. But once I click on the link, no downloads are there for this version.

I think the document says EP model not supported

Yes, we don't support EP06 module.

Upgraded X3000 [openwrt-x3000-4.4.13-0918-1726630447.bin] and no eSIM appears in Applications tab.

Checking with opkg if I can reinstall the package to make eSIM menu appear I can see a package is in the installed manifest but not in the repo:

opkg install gl-sdk4-ui-esim --force-reinstall
Removing package gl-sdk4-ui-esim from root...
Updating database.
Database update completed.
Installing gl-sdk4-ui-esim (git-2024.249.37105-e7e67cf-1) to root...
Collected errors:
 * opkg_download_pkg: Package gl-sdk4-ui-esim is not available from any configured src.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download gl-sdk4-ui-esim. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-ui-esim.

That is normal with all gl- packages. They don't exist in the repo since they are not open source.

If you removed it, resetting the device is the fastest way to get it back.

I didn't think that the eSIM settings will appear until an actual eSIM is inserted.

1 Like

I didn't think that the eSIM will appear until an actual eSIM is inserted.

Ah :slight_smile:

Let's wait for shipment :smiley:

1 Like