Gl-infra-builder target for MT3000

Is there any chance we could get a target file for the MT3000 in the gl-infra-builder? I’d like to start playing around with a more stock compile.

PLS check if it’s what you need. This is what we have now.without our software package and WIFI drivers.

Compile MT3000
git clone GitHub - gl-inet/gl-infra-builder
cd gl-infra-builder
python3 setup.py -c configs/config-mt798x-7.6.6.1.yml
cd mt7981
./scripts/gen_config.py glinet_mt3000 glinet_common
make -j5

All of the wifi packages are in the gitlab repo, aren’t they? (At least they were the first time I tried). Build isn’t very useful if it doesn’t have wifi

- name: mt7981_private
    uri: https://gitlab.com/gl.sdk4.0/gl.router/mt7981-feeds.git
    revision: 9c0cc6ca1e6aba94c7818583fc619535600ee7d1

Yes, all the packages are in our git private repository.
we will Packaged them into a binary file later.
If there is any update,we’ll keep you in touch.
Regards.

Hi, guys. Now you can build your custom image with WiFi.

git clone https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder.git
cd gl-infra-builder
python3 setup.py -c configs/config-mt798x-7.6.6.1.yml
cd mt7981
./scripts/gen_config.py target_mediatek_gl-mt3000
make -j12
2 Likes

I’m getting this when trying to build:

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency gl-sdk4-wifi for gl-sdk4-mtk-wifi-v2
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for gl-sdk4-mtk-wifi-v2 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-mtk-wifi-v2.

I’m sorry. I’ll fix it soon.

1 Like

This bug has been fixed.
But now, Luci not support config WiFi, I’ll make Luci support config WiFi in some days.

Thanks. Any chance of this happening before next Wednesday? I’m headed out on a trip and would like to take the MT3000, but would prefer a clean build so I can get travelmate working using exit nodes.

No pressure, but it would be helpful for me.

Thanks!

Now, MT3000 support configure WiFi via LuCI.
Pls pull gl-infra-builder to latest.

1 Like

Getting patch errors now pulling the mt7981 target:

Applying: target/mediatek: add board for GL.iNet GL-MT3000
Applying: target/mediatek: add board for GL.iNet GL-X3000
error: sha1 information is lacking or useless (target/linux/mediatek/image/mt7981.mk).
error: could not build fake ancestor
Patch failed at 0001 target/mediatek: add board for GL.iNet GL-X3000
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".
### Setting up the tree failed

This problem has been fixed.

Wait a minute, what’s that x3000 ?:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Now I can build.

1. Radios sometimes scan (but often don’t). Radio performance seems very unstable.
  2. Even when radios do scan and you try to join a wireless network, the router never connects (even though all settings are correct).

Is this chipset supported by the mt76 stack yet?

To join a wireless network, you need to configure the correct channel.

Yes, I do understand how to join a wireless network in Luci, having done it a few hundred times. Channel is selected correctly. Manually setting the BSSID doesn’t help either.

Flashed back to stock and having issues there as well on the beta 2 firmware. It was working, briefly, but after a few hours the router lost connectivity to the hotel network and refused to rejoin. Performed a full reset. Now neither default wireless network shows up (2G or 5G), and even when connecting via Ethernet the MT3000 does not join the hotel network (using the GLI GUI).

This is a dense area and it wouldn’t surprise me if there are hundreds of SSIDs in range, but that can’t be a terribly rare occurrence.

I have an MT1300 sitting right beside it that connected with no problem whatsoever.

(I can test either a new infra build or beta 3 tomorrow if there are bugs to be fixed).

Current status:

Also after resetting router in 4.2.0 Beta 2, I am unable to change (or manually set) the channel for the 5G adapter - it is stuck on channel 157 and even all attempts to modify in the GL GUI fail.

I also seem to be encountering random reboots and lockups now, though I’m mostly just trying to get the connection to work, so my patience to let things work themselves out is a little short.

This is a known bug in 4.2.0 Beta 2.

1 Like