GL-MT1300 (Beryl) Cannot change network settings in Luci

I installed luci. Luci had to change the existing wireless configuration (fig. 1). I haven’t changed any settings in luci or the web interface. The wireless network has not been deactivated, it works and I am connected via wireless, but the wireless network is shown as deactivated in the network overview - Network / Wireless (fig. 2). There should also be no stations connected. I cannot make any settings in luci.
With my GL-AR750S I can make many settings for 2.4 / 5 wireless network.
Does anyone have any advice?

Fig 1

Read this, it explains better than i can.

Basically you can’t use luci to set wifi because the router uses closed source mtk driver’s

Thanks for the answer.
So is there a difference between the wifi driver from the MT1300 and the AR750S?

Hey @rettungsman

The MT1300 is using a Mediatek Proprietary Driver, the AR750 is using an Atheros Open Source driver.

This is why we have full “compatibility” with Luci on the Slate but not the Beryl.

2 Likes

Hello limbot,
thank you for the answer.
Can you explain how i can easy change the wifi settings for different country. In some countries outside europe there are more or other channels allowed. For example channel 100 or 108 in South Africa.

1 Like

I believe ( and someone more technical should probably confirm) that you can edit /etc/config/wireless.
:wink:

I have the same problem

I once tried to edit the file /etc/config/wireless, and I just wanna to change the country code, however it doesn’t works.

Thanks for reply.
It’s a shame that you can’t change the settings via luci or the web interface. I don’t know how to edit the file. So the travel router is useless to me. Maybe someone from tech can help?

If you are running Windows, SSH to the Router - GL.iNet Docs

I know PuTTY and WinSCP, but these steps are difficult for a normal user to carry out. The user must first determine the country code and wifi channel. Router cannot be used worldwide without further knowledge.

I agree and have put in my list of “improvements” to the developers.
:slight_smile:

I tried to change the country code via WinSCP. I was able to enter a different country code, but the settings have not changed.
For comparison, I tested it on an AR750S and I was able to change the settings.

Did you reboot after changing /etc/config/wireless?

Of course i did a reboot.

Any solution for change the country code?

What did you do exactly via WinSCP to change it? I changed the config via “uci” and it worked perfectly after a reboot. Changing them with iw didn’t do anything.

I did it like this manual:

Edit, change the country code, save and reboot.

Hello,

I used ssh to change the country code following instructions I found from a user using google.

Today, I downloaded the 3.211 firmware ( and I also tried the beta 3.215 ) and did not keep my settings ( as recommended by GL-iNet ).

I thought : I haven’t changed firmware for a year so surely they have fixed the country code problem by now … at least in the BETA … at least it will be changeable in LUCI …

But no … it is still not editable so it is still useless as a travel router.
Worse :- I cannot even get back on my home network ( I’m sure it is because of this country problem )
And :- I now cannot find the post by the kind user who explained specifically how to do it.

Please, for the love of God, can you post how to fix this problem?

I won’t even bother to ask why you havent fixed it in firmware yet.

I have two Beryls, bought on Amazon UK and Amazon France.
Both arrived set to country code China and not hard but totally obscured by GL-iNet how to fix the problem.

2 Likes

Pls refer to this post to change country code