Updated to released 4.2.2 on Beryl AX and instantly lost ability of use repeater mode with channels wider than 20Mhz, which severely limits speeds in 5Ghz to a 1/4th speed as before.
Before 4.2.2 you had to do this: GL-MT3000 (Beryl AX) only allowed 20Mhz channels in repeater mode? to get 80Mhz channels working on repeater mode, but on 4.2.2 nothing that I’ve tried has been able to bring them back.
A few more pointers:
- Fresh install (not keeping settings) to 4.2.2 doesn’t solve the issue
- Downgrading to 4.2.1 fresh install enables 80mhz channels again when repeat mode
- Upgrade previous 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 reliably reproduces the loss of 80MHz
- This is only relevant for 5GHz. Even then, I disabled forcing 20Mhz on 2.4ghz but same problem.
- WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE is used on repeater and main router
Please take a look into it