GL-MT300A on sale now, 128MB RAM, blue case

Finally, GL-MT300A is online now.

http://www.gl-inet.com/product/gl-mt300a/

We used a blue case, hope you enjoy it.

Questions please reply here.

I would really love to see you make a router which has at least 32MB of flash, two usb ports and a built-in internal speaker (for voice notification). I’d certainly buy that kind of router. I know I can use a USB extender and a usb soundcard but it’s just not simple. Please let me know if you’re going to make that kind of router.

I ordered it .

It is perfect for me, except that it is a FastEtherNet.

@hinllz, seems this is difficult to make it small, as you need 2 USB port. For bigger flash you can just use MicroSD card. For build-in speaker, maybe it is better a USB one as well. I think you can consider the MiFi board. It will have a case later. It will have MicroSD card and internal PCIe interface, which maybe possible to find some sound card to fit in.

@LOJI, thanks. For this kind of small router, it is impossible to fit Gigabit Ethernet. There is a big chip needed.

We decided to send a free MicroSD daughter board for all of you.

But this daughter board is not soldered on the board for the first production. If you have soldering skills, you can solder them on the board by yourself. It is 1.27mm headers. So solder with extra care.

We have delivered the first batch of orders without this daughter board. If you need, just drop us an email and we will deliver this board to you with your NEXT order.

For orders delivered out after today, we will send this board for free with your order.

We are still testing the board and hope to install it inside the case in next production. But seems you still need to open the case install your own MicroSD card. We prefer to solder female headers on the router board and then plug this board on the headers.

I will definitely be ordering one of these!

Really hope to see some gigabit routers in the future. I love GL-Inet products, but it would be really, really nice to have a gigabit option!

@Justin, for gigabit routers, main problems are:

1. Size is too big, we cannot put everything inside the small box.
  2. Openwrt driver cannot run it in full speed. Max around 600mbps. We had one engineering board before.
  3. Too expensive.

@alzhao Thanks for the response. I understand the restrictions, but I would be more than happy to purchase a board even if it was more expensive / slightly larger. Keep up the awesome work you guys do at GL-Inet!

Hi
I have some questions regarding the new MT300A router.

What is the maximum SD card size that is supported?
External antenna version have two antenna connectors? If so then is it possible to use only one and connect a yagi antenna to it?
Will it support packet injection? (Using Aircrack-ng)
Can it use wifi channel 13?

Also why not increase tx-power to like 30dbm like some of the Alfa network USB adapters can do.

I see Aliexpress are selling “this” router with external antenna:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/GL-iNet-GL-MT300A-300Mbps-OPENWRT-Firmware-Smart-Routers-Wi-Fi-Router-WiFi-Repeater-Booster-Extender/128677_32481440493.html
But I cant se it on your site (perhaps I am blind)
Is this the real deal?

regards

Ok. My eyes are hurt now.

We only run a small production for MT300A until now and never had external antenna version yet and never sent to any dealers.

USB Power Control

Does the GL-MT300A support USB power control via GPIO?

Yes. There is gpio control on usb power.

For SD, we tested 64G and works good.

For tx power, if you want to increase to 30dbm , there will extra chips needed and we won’t add to this small box.

There is two antenna. I think you can use one external antenna and another internal.

For SD, we tested 64G and works good.

For tx power, if you want to increase to 30dbm , there will extra chips needed and we won’t add to this small box.

There is two antenna. I think you can use one external antenna and another internal.

Hi,

This product is interesting, but to be used as IoT, it is important to know operating temperature specification. Can you please update? If you can have -20C to +60, with CE markings, that would be great!

It is expected to work at -20 to +60, although we didn’t test this one. We tested AR150 before.

Yes, we will get CE for this.

As an IoT device, why not use AR150, which has less power consumption, more GPIOs, and 2.54mm headers.

very nice and powerful mini router, congratulations !
I have white version, but in future I buy one blue :slight_smile:

where can I buy an Sd card module until then?

@yo2ldk, the SD card daughter board only works with MT300A. It is in blue case only I think.

any idea when this will be available on Amazon store?

I need it by end of May - any way to get it by then?

It should be available on Amazon FBA around 2 weeks. We are sending stock there.