GL-MT300A on sale now, 128MB RAM, blue case

Thanks for the reply… I leave for my Trip June 3rd. If i order today from eBay or GLI Store, shipping will take over 3 weeks. So timeline is better to wait for FBA, right?

Has the shipment already been posted to Amazon, or is it pending?

Actually we have totally no guarantee on this. The shippment is sending to Amazon. Generally it takes 10 days to arrive at the warehouse then Amazon needs some time to make it available online. But 1 month should be safe enough.

Also sending to the US from China takes only 2 week as well.

Thanks alfie - when did the shipment leave your warehouse? I’d really like to get via FBA.

Also - i’d like to PM you another discussion.

It leaves yesterday.

Update: GL-MT300A and GL-MT300A-Ext is available in Amazon US FBA now!

And just placed my order. Wooot first one!

Looking at the external antenna version.

Does the u.fl connector connect to something like a RP-SMA(or something else, if so what?) connector on the case, and then the antenna connects to the RP-SMA connection on the case, so I can disconnect and reconnect the antennas without having to disassemble the case each time?

Or are the external antennas somehow one piece, and I have to do something else to connect them?

If I want to get a version with the SDcard connector already either soldered on to the main board, or easily connectable via headers, ie so I don’t have to solder it, can I get that version now from either your website, or from ebay?

Thanks.

Just bought 5 of these. The link to the docs shows an “under construction” message.

Hey Alfie,

a few days ago i got mine mt300a from amazon.de it´s great to see you´ve been listed there now :slight_smile:

i´m wondering is it normal the device gets very hot after a while ? Its so hot even with the case, without the case its even worse if you touch it its very warm

@Rene, this chips are much hotter than atheros chips. Especially, AR150’s chip is very cool.

If it doesn’t burn, it should be ok.

Alfie,

Do these models have FCC approval?

@sroberts, not yet, hope to get it certified in one or two months.

Still no answer about the documentation.

I bought 5 to test a 802.11s mesh configuration.

But so far my test unit cannot hold the configuration for more that 90 minutes or so. It bricks and needs to be reset. It might be because the ungodly high temperature that it reaches after a short while.

If I reset it, it starts working again.

Here’s my current issues:

1 - There is no documentation
2 - So far I have not been able to pair any device (PC, phone) to its wifi network: I tried a Windows laptop, a Macbook Air, a LG V10 Android phone.
3 - After a while, it does not respond even to the LAN connection. I tried with both DHCP and static. It works for a while, then I lose it and have to reset so I can reach it through 192.168.8.1 .

The package is very promising, I like the interface and the potential, and I will be looking forward to fixing all those troubles.

Thanks in advance for your help
Cos

128MB RAM is not enough? Now we have 256MByte version of GL-MT300A, giving your almost unlimited potential for your applications.

@cpipero, have you worked out? I replied your email.

Thanks for checking @alzhao.

Unfortunately the device is several miles from me, connected to a Sierra Wireless Cellular modem. From the modem, I can ping what is its internal IP (statically assigned), but when I try to either ssh or http to it (all ports are appropriately forwarded) it doesn’t respond.

Eventually, I will make the 2 hours drive to troubleshoot it, but it’s going to be a while. I will try to test the other units next week and see if I get better luck.

Thanks again

Cos

I am using MT300A, stock firmware for video streaming. I didn’t observe that it is very hot and stop working. It is hot compared to AR150, but still acceptable.

Can you tell me what software packages did you install and what configuration did you made?

@Rene, I am using MT300A for video streaming. Room temperature is 26 degree C, and the case bottom is 40 degree C. It works fine and I don’t have a problem after working for some hours. Can you check if it works fine after using for some time?

@alzhao Will there be a GL-MT300 A/N with External antennas and PoE? Any chance of a heat sync? A rechargeable battery powered version would be great too. I want to use it outside in the heat on movie sets to communicate with cameras. I would love it if you had a version with a more powerful antena even if it is more expensive (powerfull like the Picostation <span style=“color: #111111; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px;”>https://amzn.com/B00HXT8L4S&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>). Also, a Gigabit ethernet connector even if its is a bit larger and more expensive. (RED Digital cinema cameras only connect over gigabit, and to not support slower connections even though they do not use the speed most of the time. If you can fool the other device into thinking it has a gigabit connection, that would work too. :slight_smile: )</span>

So in summary I want:

PoE/rechargeable battery option (12 hour minimum runtime)

powerful antena

Gigabit ethernet

Heat Sync / vents

Thank you! your products are awesome!

@alzhao

i´ve tested it for serveral hours and found no probleme using it, perfect device for minidlna and streaming videos.