GL-MT300N on sale now

Is this router able to mmc modification?

@KOJI, yes there is a mmc daughter board

Hi, I got this router yesterday and managed to configure it correctly with a VPN (L2TP) and working fine.

Now I would like to turn the VPN on and off with the switch on the side, but i have no idea how to do this. How can i configure the switch to behave like that?

Thanks in advance.

check /etc/rc.button/BTN_0

change its content.

$ACTION pressed is left side , $ACTION=released is right side

/etc/rc.button/BTN_0 is empty.

I guess this is for writting a script but i have no idea of scripts…

My VPN connection is called VPN_L2TP and in ifconfig shows as l2tp-VPN_L2TP .

Can anyone help with this script?

Regards.

Has there been any work done on implementing uboot based flashing with a browser on this router the way the documentation seems to indicate exists on previous ones?

@unmesh59, yes. Uboot has web flashing as other mini router.

@mrbrett, maybe it should be /etc/rc.button/BTN_8, but /etc/rc.button/BTN_0 should not be empty. Only if you installed your own firmware.

Just create this file.

The default script should be something like:

#!/bin/sh

echo ${ACTION} > /dev/console

while if you want to write your own script, do something like:

if [ “$ACTION” = “pressed” ]; then

#do something

else

#do something

fi

For uboot, I tried the instructions at 404 Page not found - GL.iNet without success. Maybe it is because they don’t say when one should release the reset button?

Did you see the led flash while you were pressing the reset button?

Nope, LED does not flash. I’m running the latest firmware from your website.

@umesh59, I just tried MT300N:

1. Connect cable
  2. Press and hold the reset button while powering on
  3. The leds will flash 3 times and it will enter uboot web flash mode automatically.

Connected cable between LAN port and my laptop

Holding down reset button, applied power to the router

The only thing that happens is that the middle light dims after a few seconds; no triple flashing of LED. Also, I think I held reset down long enough that the router went back to factory state.

I reflashed Firmware 2.16 and repeated the process with the same results.

Is there a way to check the integrity of the u-boot firmware? Or to reflash it?

Also, does the router provide an IP address via DHCP in uboot web flash mode?

The LEDs should flash several times before dim.

Then at this point, you can access the webUI of uboot. No DHCP in uboot mode, change your IP to 192.168.1.2 manually as instructed in the video.

No hard reset. The reset button only works when your openwrt boots.

LED is not flashing when reset is held down during power up. I can SSH into the router and extract any information that might help you figure out why that is the case.

Also discovered that if I connect the cable to the WAN port (iinstead of the LAN port) and power on with reset pressed, the LED flashes 5 times. When I then release the reset, the router boots fully.

I don’t know if this matters but the laptop has a Gigabit Ethernet port, not 100Mbps.

I don’t have /etc/rc.button/BTN_8 , I only have /etc/rc.button/BTN_0 and /etc/rc.button/BTN_1

And they have: echo ${ACTION} > /dev/console . This means it outputs something to the terminal when the button is pressed?

How can I see this terminal? When logged to ssh i don’t see anything.

Anyway I tried:

if [ $ACTION -eq “pressed” ]; then
ifdown l2tp-VPN_L2TP
else
ifup l2tp-VPN_L2TP
fi

But nothing happens… Any help?

Thank you!

alzhao,

Don’t give up on me :slight_smile:

@umesh59, making a video for you now

@umesh59, please check here: http://www.gl-inet.com/how-to-enter-the-uboot-web-ui/

@mrbrett

/etc/rc.button/BTN_0 and etc/rc.button/BTN_1 is the correct script for GL-MT300N. By default only BNT_0 is useful because the hardware switch is limited to only two state.

So modify BTN_0 like this:

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$ACTION" = "pressed" ]; then
ifdown l2tp-VPN_L2TP
logger -t mytag button pressed
else
ifup l2tp-VPN_L2TP
logger -t mytag button released

fi
But noticed, "pressed" is the right position, "released" is the left position for GL-MT300N.
You can check your log to see if these scripts are excuted: logread | grep mytag
Also pay attention to the " symbol. If you just copy from the post, " maybe a wrong symbol. Type it by your hand

alzhao,

Thanks for the video.

That is exactly what I have been doing all this time and it is a relief to know that I can follow instructions!

Unfortunately, I don’t get the 3 LED flashes that you show. Two them dim after the initial power on and stay dimmed.

I got one of your early units before you had them listed on your web store and I’m wondering if I have an older u-boot or something. Is there a way to tell?