GL-MT300N-V2 supports wifi n?

I’ve never been able to sync faster than 150 Mbps with a cheap USB WiFi dongle (I have half a dozen, each with different chipsets used for various geeky projects).

Even if the wireless speed is good enough, there can be other bottlenecks because of network interface, USB interface limits and all sorts.

The reason for the Luci issues may be that your router is using a proprietary driver for the WiFi which does not make these information available to luci. You can try pure open source version of router for different WiFi features with open source drivers at the cost of some performance.

You are being a little stubborn on this issue (not to be rude) - you hsould really ask yourself if this is worth it.

FWIW I’m pretty sure that I connected with 300 Mbps sync with my laptop to the mt300 v2. I don’t have it anymore to test and modern firmwares block 40mhz when there are neighboring wifis (as it should).

At this stage it’s probably not worth the hassle - with those 4 WiFi adapters and the mango, you could have just bought a 5ghz enabled Slate or Creta.

Maybe you are right, I am being stubborn, although I would prefer to term it “obsessed”.
It was a WinXP laptop that displayed or confirmed I had synced at 300mpbs (270mbps to be precise). But the Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops as well as laptops synced to ANY WiFi 802.11n router at just 150mbps.
Hence I have been trying to get to the root cause. There’s surprisingly VERY little information explaining WHY a router promising WiFi-N Connection of 300mbps NEVER syncs with ANY WiFi adapter (Internal PCIe or External USB) @300mbps.
The GL-MT300N-V2 promised 2T2R which was an obvious requirement. Now the only thing remaining was a WiFi Adapter that supported 2T2R. I figured if I could procure an adapter with a chipset that had 2T2R, I could finally sync somewhere in the vicinity of 300mbps.

Hello Everyone…
It has been Two Years… and I did not give up the quest to sync the WiFi router with a PC at 300mbps…
The Quest is complete…
All of the technical limitations cited to justify a much lower sync speed of 150mbps are Wrong or Invalid.
Given the right circumstances, a 300Mbps WiFi router will sync at 300Mbps.
Now, coming back to how I managed to do it:
I Installed a PCIe WiFi card with 2T2R… It is NOT a WiFi 802.11ac. It is a humble WiFi 802.11n PCIe x1 card.
The card synced, WITHOUT any tinkering, at 300Mbps with the WiFi router.
I haven’t been able to find a USB WiFi Dongle with 2T2R. Hence laptops with internal mini-PCIe WiFi cards or USB Dongle, are still syncing at 150Mbps.
If anyone can find a USB WiFi Dongle with 2T2R, do leave a recommendation Because IT WORKS…

1 Like