GL-MV1000 (Brume) OpenWRT 22

Thank you very much!

@alzhao I know you did not want to bother the devs around the lunar new year but its been some time since then. Just wanted to check if there are any updates to OpenWRT 22 based firmware release plans ?

We have migrated most of the devices to 4.x and MV1000 will have soon. Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will keep checking the firmware downloads page :slight_smile:

Brume is on the 4.2 Firmware Snapshot
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=mv1000&type=snapshot

@alzhao
any Upgrade procedures?

Please note about 4.2.0 snapshot for MV1000, as on March 16th.

1. You can upgrade in your current firmware. Most of the settings will be lost even you keep settings. But you should be able to login with your original login password.
  2. It does not support wifi, i.e. not for MV1000W and does not support wifi dongle.
  3. It has vpn, zerotier, but no tailscale yet. Tor seems not working.
  4. Other applications should work but this firmware has not been fully tested.

Summary, unless you want to play with it, pls wait for beta.

5 Likes

Will there be a 4.2 release to support MV1000W WiFi and dongle?

Under development now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update @alzhao !, as a long time Brume 1 user I appreciate the effort you guys put into these. (will wait for final stable version as it’s my home router)

1 Like

Any update on a stable release yet?

1 Like

There is a 4.2.2 snapshot, but no beta yet.

I actually decided to install OpenWRT SNAPSHOT on my Brume to test something unrelated and found that on the OpenWRT firmware selector, there are only “SD card” images for download … does anyone know if that is something that can be flashed from the 3.216 stock firmware?

Edit: I RTFM.

The images are called “sdcard”, but this refers to the internal eMMC card; you don’t need anything on the MicroSD slot.

MWAN3 built in is neat… but I have dongle so went back… waiting for Wifi and beta!

Well, at least this company is staying true to its line. The development of firmware for the MV1000 is not being pushed forward with any priority.

2 Likes

They are making progress. v. 4.3.6 was compiled as of yesterday. 2023-07-15

1 Like

Not even a beta, just a snapshot.

it’s stable enough to test around in my experience so far.

Now not even the snapshot is available :expressionless:

The wait is frustrating, and buying another device just for the latest firmware features is just a waste.
I still have multiple clients that use the Brume and prefer not to toss it out.
I recently installed a Flint AX1800 at a client’s site and was super happy with the newer firmware, but had it in the back of my mind, that it is only a matter of time before they drop support for it in favor of Flint2.

This is normal for the tech world. Look at phones and even TVs.

Either they get updates until x years or they lack any updates.

Best to get a newer device.

Pls check. MV1000 4.3.8 beta1 is on GL.iNet download center

2 Likes