Gl-sft1200

Here you go. Download easytether OpenWrt 19.07.3+ Extract the zip, look for the folder {mvebu} open it, look for the folder {cortexa9} open it, this is the driver that works on all three routers. The Linksys Wrt1900ac, Wrt1900acs & the Wrt3200acm. Regardless of the firmware update on these Linksys Routers, this EasyTether Driver still works great.

What also makes it work better is a 3.0 usb cable from the phone to the router. Make sure you have a decent amount of high-speed data on your plan.

Thank You, Tukufu42!

No problem. I tried to make it as easy as possible for you to understand how to get the correct driver. Now, as for setting it up to work, your on your own. I have it down packed. So far the routers I was able to get EasyTether to work flawlessly on, is, The GL-MT1300 Beryl, GL-750S Slate, WRT1900ac, WRT1900acs, & the WRT3200acm. Just wish the GL-SFT1200 (Opal), & the new GL-AX1800 (Flint) had a EasyTether Driver. Seems like theres no luck at the moment. Let me know if you find the correct easytether driver for these in the future.

Thanks Tukufu42,
I Finally got an WR3200ACM router. I followed the same procedure from GLiNet Docs which worked for my GL-AR300M16. But got the following error message when opkg install the easytether driver to the router:
Unknown package ā€˜easytether-usb-opensslā€™.
Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kmod-tun for easytether-usb-openssl
  • pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libopenssl1.1 for easytether-usb-openssl
  • pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for easytether-usb-openssl found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package easytether-usb-openssl.

The Oopenwrt-21.02.3 is the one I flashed to the router if that matters.
Really appreciate if you can shed some light on this.

Never mind, it works now. Shouldnā€™t skip ā€œopkg updateā€. That was optional for AR300M16.

2 Likes

Thats right. Thats the first thing on the menuā€¦:blush:

Thank you, Tukufu42. Following your step to make my AR750 working. Fw 3.216 and tiny.

But the last part, Iā€™m not sureā€¦apply tethering at wan ?

Its been a while since Ive tinkered with that model. Im gonna tell you another way you can achieve this without all the extra know how. Just sent you a picture of a ethernet to USB C adapter, plug that into your phone get a small internet cable and plug that into the WAN of the router, also get a short usb a cable to keep the device charged while using it. You could do this on any router without even using Easy Tetherā€¦:sunglasses: