GL-X3000 - Bridge Mode WAN IP Passthrough

• I am not using IP passthrough

• It is not accesible using the old IP

I am using the latest stable FW from your website: 4.0-release50402

Thank you

Hi logi:

I’m very sorry.Toese days,I took a long holiday.

What mode are you using? AP,WDS,Extender?

Passthrough mode, the experimental mode

Hi logi:

IP passthrough is also ‘Passthrough mode’.

My local test was OK.Can’t you use the old gateway IP to access web pages?
Please log in via ssh and check the information after upgrading this firmware:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=x3000&type=beta

ifconfig
iptables -t nat -S

Ok, I will have to reset the Router and go back to the Router mode, because with IP passthrough mode enabled I lost access to SSH regardless of what IP address I use it.

I tried to SSH to the WAN IP assigned by the ISP in Bridge Mode and to the old IP from Router Mode, in none of those cases I was able to connect via SSH, it timeout or failed, any solution for this? If I ping the IP address of the Spitz in Bridge Mode (IP provided by the ISP on the 5G WAN interface) I get a response OK, but SSH no response. SSH is a VERY important capability to have available.

I am going to reset everything to factory defaults and try again, please could you share the detailed steps to enable IP Passthrough experimental mode, do I need the Beta FW for that?

Thank you

1,Do not enable other services after password initialization.

2,Exec the following command:

curl -k http://127.0.0.1/rpc -H 'glinet: 1' -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"call","params":["","netmode","set_mode",{"mode":"passthrough","mask":"auto"}],"id":1}'

Note: It will disabled wifi on ‘Passthrough mode’.It only runs one of the lan port using “Passthrough”.

Hi @lizh

I installed the latest Beta Firmware, and executed the curl command, the Spitz AX-3000 switched to IP Passthrough mode and worked fine.

Later on, I was able to connect to the web interface via the old gateway IP address without any problem. All good up to this point.

I wasn’t able to connect to SSH and execute the commands ifconfig and iptables you have previously requested.

This is the problem I shared a long time ago, as soon as I switch to IP Passthrough mode, I will loose the SSH capability. This is the same behavior if I use the current release firmware, with both firmwares (release and beta) as soon as IP Passthrough mode is enabled, SSH doesn’t work.

I checked the LuCI interface and SSH was enabled and properly configured. I reverted back to the Router mode, and SSH started working immediately.

Please could you review what is going on with SSH, IP passthrough mode (experimental) works great, but I need SSH working as well, thank you

In passthrough mode, ssh can be used normally.

If it is convenient for you, you can share your device to this account “gl.inet_support” through the cloud platform.I can check it remotely

I cannot do remote, but please let me know what information you need.

I have done the test multiple times and SSH to the old gateway IP doesn’t work.

I’m really curious about this myself. I’m using a T-mobile sim, and tried running the command on my spitz AX. I didn’t get a signal after doing so, and had to revert back to router mode. I love my spitz, but this is the last big feature I wish it had.

1 Like

Just reboot and you will get signal, IP passthrough works, for me the only problem is that I loose SSH

I reboot, and everything fails to work for me. My router that the Spitz is connected to doesn’t pickup an internet connection afterward, and I can’t login to the spitz web interface either. Can’t SSH into it anymore either. he Looking at the device itself, it does show the signal bar lights on, but I seem to have no other indication anything is functioning.

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t work for me for some reason.

Figured out it was an issue with my router. My bad! Ssh works for me, web interface, etc.

What was the issue with the router?

I had to move to a static IP instead of DHCP for it to recognize the connection.

I am also having issues in passthrough mode, if I connect a laptop to the Spitz it will work fine, but if I connect a router no connection will be detected.

In your case instead of using DHCP on your router (not the Spitz) to get the WAN IP, you assigned the same IP you were getting via DHCP, but as a static IP?

Yes, that is correct.

Didn’t work for me, it never connected to the internet, unfortunately the bridge mode requires a lot of hand holding to work, I will just set my router to AP mode, same result to avoid double NAT

Sorry to hear that. I do hope they get things working more officially. Even though I got it working, I was surprised ping times weren’t better.

Do you use IPv6?

What Static IP did you assign to your router? The same one it was being assigned when DHCP was active?