GL-X3000 - Cellular connection issue

I have been doing several testing in the past few days with current stock firmware.

1. Hardcoded - modem.sh to force LTE and 5G connection.
  2. Plugin - installed keepalive.

The connection have been very stable for 3 days, however, today encountered disconnection and required hard reset.

Found another beta firmware 4.3.4 today, updated and testing the connection, will report back again.
But in the 4.3.4, already found the first bug, goodcloud is not functioning and cellular profile will not show open band after save.

1 Like

Updated to the stable version, goodcloud is back.
However, still encountered complete disconnection randomly, found 2 issues.

1. Disconnected and will reconnect after logging into the UI (no need to reboot, weird).
  2. Disconnected and will need soft/hard reboot, encountered a line meaning “cellular connected but router cannot access internet” (not sure if this is the actual wording since I was in hurry to fix the network)

Hi hkm:

Thank you very much your feedback.

1. Disconnected and will reconnect after logging into the UI (no need to reboot, weird).
    —> I don’t quite understand the meaning here. Can you help have a screenshot?

2. Disconnected and will need soft/hard reboot, encountered a line meaning “cellular connected but router cannot access internet” (not sure if this is the actual wording since I was in hurry to fix the network)
    —> You can change the local nameserver in the image below.

Hello Lizh,

Did all that and I have also enabled “Forced Refresh Streams” to lower the chances of disconnection, which worked.

However, after several hours of use, it will still randomly disconnected and it will say “simcard not registered”, and I have to reset it to make it works again, is there anyway to fix it? such as automated AT command?

Thanks.

Hi hkm:

Please after login X3000 via ssh, Do the following:

/etc/init.d/smstools3 stop;/etc/init.d/smstools3 disabled

Thanks!

failed.

when I run stop command, it failed, but I run disable, it worked, so is that okay? or should I remove the package in luci instead?

Hi hkm:

‘/etc/init.d/smstools3 stop;/etc/init.d/smstools3 disabled’ is wrong,It should be

/etc/init.d/smstools3 stop;/etc/init.d/smstools3 disable

If it’s just this hint ‘Command failed: Not found’, it doesn’t matter.

Thanks!

ok, it shows command failed

Hello again Lizh,

After disabled smstools3, and tested for 7 days, with my hard coded AT command for 5G and band limited in APN settings, I can tell you that the connection is extremely stable and maintained in 5G connections.

The smstools3 disable is working perfectly.
I am quite satisfied at the moment.

Thank you.

1 Like

I did not do this step, is it possible that SMS is disabled on 5G SA entirely? I cannot receive or send with the modem.

at+csca?

+CSCA: “+12063130004”,145

OK

at+cgdcont?

+CGDCONT: 1,“IP”,“fast.t-mobile.com”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0

+CGDCONT: 2,“IPV4V6”,“ims”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,1
+CGDCONT: 3,“IPV4V6”,“sos”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,1,“”,1
+CGDCONT: 4,“IPV4V6”,“tmus”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0
+CGDCONT: 5,“IPV4V6”,“h2g2”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0
+CGDCONT: 6,“IPV4V6”,“pcweb.tmobile.com”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0

OKat+cgpaddr

+CGPADDR: 1,“25.246.229.233”
+CGPADDR: 2,“0.0.0.0”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”
+CGPADDR: 3,“0.0.0.0”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”
+CGPADDR: 4,“0.0.0.0”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”
+CGPADDR: 5,“0.0.0.0”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”
+CGPADDR: 6,“0.0.0.0”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”

OK

We are thinking about making a switch to enable or disable SMS.

Thanks!

1 Like

I cannot receive SMS, didn’t change anything that I am aware of.
Router did receive in the past but I believe that was on 5G NSA, not 5G SA.
Smartphone can receive with that SIM.

Is 5G SA SMS enabled by default?
What is the benefit of a switch?

Thank you!

Yes, No Maybe? :slight_smile:

Is 5G SA SMS enabled by default?
What is the benefit of a switch?

The inability to receive SMS should be related to the SIM card, we can’t guarantee that this feature is compatible with all cards yet.
Do you need to use the SMS feature?
Currently there is no option to disable SMS on the router. We are just discussing whether it needs to be added to the subsequent firmware. It’s not even in the development program yet.

thanks. recieving SMS should be basic implementation as the UI suggests this functionality.

Yes I need it for checking on the provider account, since they send 2FA SMS there. I cannot receive SMS anymore, I believe it worked in 5G NSA but not in 5G SA. Settings are stock and unchanged.

SMS does work with this SIM card in a smartphone without any settings.

Here to report
On Version: 4.0-release50402
My modem is connected to 4g+ network, connection disconnects after a while and doesn’t reconnect until I manually reconnect via ‘manual setup’ yet it will disconnect after a while (1 hour+)

Reverted to 4.0-release10305 no such issues

Hi bOcy:

Please execute the following command,then help to test again.

sed -i '/modem_net_monitor/d' /etc/gl_crontabs/crontabs.d/modem_status_monitor
/etc/init.d/gl_timer restart

Thanks!

1 Like

no internet happens at 3 hours+

logread x3000.zip (28.2 KB)

‘manual setup’ again and left the connection overnight, it stayed online until morning, so i dont know whats the problem the first time, maybe its the telco

Edit: disconnect again with light use