GL-X3000 - Cellular connection issue

When this issue occurs, please help to check the following information:

ifconfig rmnet_mhi0
gl_modem -B 0001:01:00.0 AT AT+CGPADDR
root@GL-X3000:~# ifconfig rmnet_mhi0
rmnet_mhi0 Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:100.66.136.217  Mask:255.255.255.252
          inet6 addr: fe80::ab1f:b2cd:246e:101b/64 Scope:Link
          UP RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:193 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:16633 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:44708 (43.6 KiB)  TX bytes:1025525 (1001.4 KiB)

root@GL-X3000:~# gl_modem -B 0001:01:00.0 AT AT+CGPADDR


+CGPADDR: 1,"100.90.94.123","36.2.25.128.4.44.0.204.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1"
+CGPADDR: 2,"36.2.25.128.131.91.78.3.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1"
+CGPADDR: 3,"0.0.0.0","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0"

OK
root@GL-X3000:~#

i turned the router off this morning, when you asked me to check, i powered up the router and it still stay offline

i did another ‘manual setup’ then the internet comes back

Hi bOcy:

Thank you very much!

You cloud upgdate this firmware:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=x3000&type=beta

funny no disconnects since my last message, anyway i will try the latest beta

This beta works fine so far (10403)

Thank you very much.

I was having similar disconnect issue as bOcy; however, loading the beta firmware has resolved my issue. Before the firmware, it would not stay on Cellular (T-Mobile) for longer than 2-3 hours before I would have to go through the Cellular setup again. After the beta firmware, I tested it for 5 days rebooting it once in between because I had to move the GL-X3000. It has been very stable during that time. I had only had the router for a few days, and was thinking of sending it back before the beta firmware. Thank you for the fix!!!

@robsonline what firmware version were you on when having the issues before you installed the beta firmware?

It was the last stable release: 4.0-release50402

I have the same issue as described by bOcy. The connection (5G NSA) works fine for few hours and then no internet any more. Then I have to press “disconnect” and “auto setup” in the cellular configuration page. I am on firmware 0406release1.

I wanted to try the beta-firmware (10403) that seemed to solve the issue for others, but this is not available any more from the download page.

This bug makes the router virtual useless for me because if the internet is down (the 5g/4g connection) I can not remotely log-in to do “disconnect” and "auto setup’ trick to get it back online. This can only be done if you are locally around and can log-in from the LAN.

I could try to write a cron-job to detect this situation, but I would need some help for this:
1/ how to detect in a script that internet is down?
2/ how to simulate cellular “disconnect” and “auto-config” in a script?

Thanks!

I have some more info. When the connection goes down, the two network adresses don’t seem to match:

ifconfig → 100.116.242.183
AT+CGPADDR → 100.72.42.193

When the internet connection is restorted these network adresses do match.

I seem to be able to restore the internet by doing:

ifdown modem_0001
ifup modem_0001

See the commands here below which show the mismatch in ip-adress when the internet via 5G is not working:

BusyBox v1.33.2 (2024-01-23 07:12:18 UTC) built-in shell (ash)

  _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT, r15812+879-46b6ee7ffc
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@GL-X3000:~# ifconfig rmnet_mhi0
rmnet_mhi0 Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:100.116.242.183  Mask:255.255.255.240
          inet6 addr: fe80::REMOVED_FOR_PRIVACY Scope:Link
          UP RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:402666 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:455135 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:4396034868 (4.0 GiB)  TX bytes:301614968 (287.6 MiB)

root@GL-X3000:~# gl_modem -B 0001:01:00.0 AT AT+CGPADDR

AT+CGPADDR
+CGPADDR: 1,"100.72.42.193","42.2.24.8.0.1.28.238.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1"
+CGPADDR: 2,"0.0.0.0","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0"
+CGPADDR: 3,"0.0.0.0","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0"

OK
root@GL-X3000:~#

Hi. I really hope someone from Gl.inet support staff is looking into this. It would be nice to have this solved in some future fw update :slight_smile: