GL-X3000 Spitz AX Firmware

Hi,
just received my new GL-X3000 Spitz AX and update it to the latest firmware available, the:
beta Version: 4.3.0
Date Compiled: 2023-04-15 08:13:08 (UTC+01:00)

SHA256: e20cea3750ae772d1781211e6926504802ea075535b3a8844420db0d1d4f9f2c

but I suspect that this is not the 4.3 but only the 4.0.
my Firmware type changed from release30300 to release10300.
I updated because the snapshot day was newest.
Can you please let me know if I’m right and in case where I could find the latest version of the firmware.
Thanks
Cheese
Piero

1 Like

The version number of Cellular router cannot be changed because of the authentication requirement. So we will use v4.0 as the main version number in Cellular router.
Sorry if this may cause some trouble. If you are installing manually, the version number on the download site is informative, it corresponds to the actual features.

1 Like

Just so I understand this correctly, you don’t change the version string because this is also transmitted to the ISP via the 5G modem and should not be changing too often / at all? Does this mean the FW has to be registered to all ISPs around the world?

What is important is the string ‘Firmware Type’ which defines the actual release number which indicates the running FW version?

This is not a technical reason. Authentication specifies the supported firmware version, so we can’t modify it unless we re-auth. That’s all.

I can’t answer you officially. But I must say you are very perceptive. :+1:

1 Like

For 4G/5G routers, carrier certification is needed. We need to report to carrer that which version is certified. In the case of GL-X3000 it is 4.3.0. We will not change this version otherwise we need to provide more test and docs to the carrier.

So 4G/5G routers will have a slightly different naming than other routers.

Pls note, the firmware version is not sent to the carrier technically when the router connect to their network. It is just on the documents.

2 Likes

*cough*wink,wink*cough* :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Perfect, this makes it clear :white_check_mark: