GL-X3000 Stock performance

Hi,

I have mild experience with 5G (and VPN) performance on the device over the last days of debugging, trying sqm and other methods to mitigate low performance. It’s tough to measure because of high unknown variance.
So I reset to factory, and test with the 300Mbit fixed fiber line over LAN cables.

Compared using the cable from the provider modem to the PC, and using the cable from the provider modem to [GL-X3000] to the PC, I see very big differences in performance.
Why I do this is because Zoom calls entirely drop, and buffering videos is way worse, not enabling smooth play. Webpages find DNS and start to load in ~40ms ( dnscheck.tools - test your dns resolvers ) but sometimes (rarely) stop for a long time, about 30s.
I did not make any changes (other than password) after device reset.

direct LAN connection:

LATENCY

Unloaded

15 ms

Download Active

+14 ms

Upload Active

+0 ms

SPEED

↓ Download

334.6 Mbps

↑ Upload

11.7 Mbps

LAN over [GL-X3000] connection:

Please what could be the bottleneck? Where should I look? Can I read the temperature and fan RPM somewhere?
In general I feel very good about the router, great specs, software seems robust, just a new product with some things to patch. Unfortunately for me not usable with conferencing right now. (Zoom debugging runs flawless, it’s very strange).

Can you please place your PC in DMZ and test again.

Also, login to the router through SSH and execute: ifconfig

Do you see any errors or dropped packets in ANY of the interfaces?

I have the same router and I manged to get A from C grade!

Use these guides:

YOU SHOULD NOTE HOWEVER THAT BY IMPROVING YOUR BUFFER BLOAT GRADE YOU LOSS SIGNIFICANT LINK SPEED!

Thank you. There are no errors on ifconfig.
I currently do not use the device until I have trust that it doesn’t ruin important Zoom calls.

With a Vodafone SIM and APN I am trying to switch the network operator from AT&T to Verizon (all same Vodafone APN). This works on a Smartphone. The router user interface AT command page, and

gl_modem

, does not wait for

AT+COPS=?

to finish. I use

socat - /dev/mhi_DUN
AT+COPS=?

to find the Verizon settings:

+COPS: (2,“AT&T”,“AT&T”,“310410”,7),(3,“311 490”,“311 490”,“311490”,12),(3,“FirstNet”,“FirstNet”,“313100”,7),(1,“T-Mobile”,“T-Mobile”,“310260”,12),(1,“T-Mobile”,“T-Mobile”,“310260”,7),(1,“Verizon”,“Verizon”,“311480”,7),(0-4),(0-2)

Trying

AT+COPS=1,0,“Verizon”,7

Does not change the network operator from AT&T to Verizon.

AT+COPS=1,2,“311480”

worked initially, doesn’t work anymore.
Where can I find “gl_modem” parameters and documentation please?

References:
AT+COPS Thread AT+COPS=? not working
AT Commands PDF: https://www.quectel.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Quectel_RG50xQRM5xxQ_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.2.pdf