Is GL iNet working on an updated version of the Mudi?

I tried it when it came out, but it felt too inconsistent for my purposes at the time.

Seeing GL-iNet is always developing better products, I was wondering if there are any plans to update the Mudi in the foreseeable future.

Thanks

To disclose the correct information: not yet.

Didn’t find appropriate chipset.

2 Likes

You guys need to release an updated 5G Mudi Router for North America (Canada). Every major carrier has strong 5G signals throughout both the US and Canada. I’ve been a long-time GL-iNET user, but the new Nighthawk M6 Pro that was just released today has support for Canadian 3G, 4G, and 5G bands at a reasonable price. I don’t know how much longer I can hold out before splurging to upgrade to the Nighthawk.

Can you please offer a timeline? A specific timeline, not “not yet.” I want to know how long I’d have to wait for a preferable model.

I love GL-iNET, but you guys are so slow to update your mobile hotspot hardware. And it’s extremely worrying you discontinued one of your mobile hotspot brands.

Thanks for the sharing.

Where can I find the price?

1 Like
1 Like

M5 is selling at $699 on Amazon.

How can M6 be 459?

1 Like

Good question, but it looks like you have some competition. Their device is leagues above any personal hotspot device you currently sell. Time to kick up development?

What are your thoughts? Do you have a specific timeline for when a comparative GL-iNET device will be for sale? Do you even have any intention of upgrading your current personal hotspot lineup?

Yes always have an eye on Nightawk.

1 Like

What are your thoughts? Do you have a specific timeline for when a comparative GL-iNET device will be for sale? Do you even have any intention of upgrading your current personal hotspot lineup?

I don’t have an update for you actually.

The M6 use a totally different hardware solution, similar to smartphones, which we don’t have.

1 Like

So you have no intention of upgrading your current lineup of LTE devices anytime soon?

If so I’m going to place an order to replace my Mudi.

We do want to upgrade our LTE device. But may not meet your schedule.

I’d glad that you can share your experience with M6.

1 Like

If you can definitively say it’s release will be within the next 12 months I will wait. I would prefer to support an underdog like GL-iNET. I have had nothing but positive experiences with your brand so far.

Thanks but I cannot promise anything.

1 Like

Understood. Thanks for conversing with me! You guys are doing amazing work. Don’t spread yourselves too thin.

Its been over 12 months and still no news on a mudi 5g release

1 Like

@mudi_crew_5G_horizon
Can you share how it compares with Mudi? Apart from the faster 5G speed?

@alzhao
I am also waiting for a 5G Mudi… Seeing MudiV2 is also in 4G LTE breaks my heart

1 Like

GL has 5g modems now and they work well. search the store for the x3000 and xe3000
I’ve never owned the mudi though, but the x and xe routers so maybe i’m missing something here?

Sorry I have no news about the 5G Mudi now. Understood that everyone is expecting 5G + WiFi6.

1 Like