Is there already a schedule on New Lunar Year, for WiFi 6 successor of AR750 and GL-MiFi?

Looking forward for a WIFI-6 capable GL-Mifi! Just keep it the GL-MIFI as much as possible!

2 Likes

Actual OS support of WiFi6:

• Windows 10, Linux Kernel 5.1 and now starting Kernel backports, Androide 10 and Openwrt 19.07 RC2. I dont know about Apple OS.

Actual WiFi card support of WiFi6:

WiFi6 shipsets available for mini devices:

Remark:

Working on WiFi 6 router but cannot make it small as AR750S though

Intel AX200 WiFi 6 card are available in two form factors:

• good known traditional M.2 2230 size 22mm*30mm
  • for new development (p.e. for gl travel router) M.2 1216 size 12mm*16mm !!!

See follow data sheet:

GL doesn’t use intel chips. Find a wifi 6 by Qualcomm :slight_smile:

From Qualcomm, i would prefer the follow WiFi6 chipset for travel router with two internal antennas:

Remark:

• It can be DDR 4 have a better error correction and lower power consum than DDR3.

Or buy a OEM router :

• print you label on it
  • use gl firmware
  • sell it

Does there any news about this ?

wifi6 products are still under development. It is not a travel router, btw.

Wifi6 non travel router still available by some vendors, start on 40€ as street price.
I remember statements like “gl are a vendor of travel router” or like this.
Pls be one of the 1st vendors of travel router which offer wifi6 travel router. Its time to replace the old unsecure one.

The share holder and customer will like it.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I want to make such a product more than anybody.

1 Like

They are any news on this on beginning of 2021 ?

3 Likes

Hi there,
is there any new update regarding a router with wifi 6? For some of us, it is ok to have a device only with wifi 6 (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) instead of waiting for 6E extension with 6Ghz band.

Not yet update. Still working now.

Pls wait for official news.

1 Like

Some customer like to replace non Wifi 6 devices.

WiFi 6E cards available for 10 to 20 € by Intel (can be AX210) and can be by other vendor to. Driver vor Linux are available on Intel website. Cards should be by mechanical and electrical values possible used as HMW cards on HMW slot (mini pci-e slot) of GL devices or by 2€ what ever to hmw adapter to gl hmw slots.

I dont know about support on this time by open wrt an by gl enhancement of open wrt.

A it can be, gl have to fix the DNS leak on actual 3.2 beta 6 at first…

We will see…

Intel AX210 WiFi 6E card, 11 to 17 USD:

1 Like

Currently there only seems to be the Netgear Nighthawk M5 on the market which is setting an eye-watering price point for 5G mobile data + WiFi 6. LTE speeds are fine for most away-from-home uses, so a WiFi 6 local network connected to 4G LTE (i.e., upgraded WiFi on a Pulie) would be a great counterpoint.

If I remember right, I have seen Wifi 6 router with 4 antenns from a hand of chinese vendor like p.e Huawei AX3 too. And from one swiss vendor are router with 2 mpci-e and on msata slot vailable. mpcie cards are availabe as Wifi 6 and on the actual standarf which is WiFi 6E , and in one or two smaler and much smaler formfactor too…

If you’re fine with a big router, I’d recommend looking into the Belkin RT3200 (or Linksys E8450, they’re the same model). WiFi 6, good speeds, and relatively cheap (I snagged two for my home network for £79 apiece). OpenWrt support in trunk (so only SNAPSHOT builds for now), and obviously no GL interface, so no easy configuration, but if you like tinkering with OpenWrt, it’s a pretty stable unit.

Interesting, do you know any reason that AX3200 is cheaper than AX1800?

It usually isn’t! The official price is £129, but it’s often discounted to £79, and at that price, that router is a steal. It’s not as strong signal-wise as e.g. my Synology RT2600ac (I actually had to relegate the Syno to a dumb switch role as its WiFi was so strong, my laptop kept using it even across the apartment, instead of the AP right next to it), but its throughput is pretty solid, the hardware works well, and apart from the usual SNAPSHOT-related issues (e.g. changes breaking configuration on update), it’s flawless as-is.

2 Likes