Legacy iptables rules present on the system Beryl

what does this mean under firewall in Luci for beryl?

Legacy rules detected

There are legacy iptables rules present on the system. Mixing iptables and nftables rules is discouraged and may lead to incomplete traffic filtering.

Are you using 4.2 firmware? This firmware has not been officially released yet.
I think these prompts are caused by openwrt switching from iptable to nftable.

No. It is 4.1 beta. Probably the same issue. I have to use it with the router bc the official prior version wouldn’t let me connect via repeater. I’ll ignore the warnings unless you want to give me instructions to fix this. I am concerned about my internet speed while using the router with VPN. I saw an improvement once I found where to set the MTU size but I am still concerned.

I just upgraded to the latest version of the firmware, 4.3.7, for my Beryl MT1300. I believe this is the stable version - downloaded from the firmware download page:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=mt1300

I ran the upgrade - everything worked fine. I got the same error mentioned above in the advanced / LuCi interface:

Legacy rules detected
There are legacy iptables rules present on the system. Mixing iptables and nftables rules is discouraged and may lead to incomplete traffic filtering.

So, wondering if I had manually configured some of the rules and they were leftover even after the version upgrade, I did a factory reset.

The reset worked as expected, and brought me back to a fresh v4.3.7 setup page. I setup the device (password, wifi network name, etc), but I still get the same warning about legacy rules in the LuCi interface.

Is this an error? Is this safe to ignore? Is there some fix that should be applied?

Thanks!

hi,
Don’t worry.It is a warning when both nftables and iptables are used.All the glinet firewall rules are using nftables, and firewall rules using iptables from open-source APP will be translated to nftables rules by the installed tool “iptables-nft”, so all the firewall rules are ultimately worked by nftables.