List of current feature requests 2022

Will it still have Gl-iNet web gui and underlying linux will be Opnewrt 21.x ?

It still has GL.iNet web UI and the underlying Linux will be OpenWrt 21.02, but the kernel is 4.4.60, same as the current one. I mean GL-AX1800.

4 Likes

Will it be Web UI4? Looking forward to UI4.

I’have the Puli X300 , it would be nice to have the option to configure the device in bridge lte mode, as Mikrotik and Netgear devices (https://kb.netgear.com/31163/How-to-change-4G-LTE-Modem-from-router-mode-to-bridge-mode

This would avoid another nat level if used not as main router.

1 Like

I am not sure if LTE can work in bridge mode. Technically it is easy. Just make a bridge of the LTE and LAN. But it requires the carrier network can issue you multiple IP addresses.

We are working on IP passthrough mode. Does this work for you?

1 Like

Yes, as described here ? https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/x750-ip-passthrough-transparent-bridge/10600

1 Like

Yes. We are testing this and will put this function in our standard firmware once done.

4 Likes

Please remove the “Modem Reset” at the main “Internet > Modem” panel. Everytime I go to click “AT Commands” or “Cells Info” I click it by accident and it takes long when my modem resets.

Also change the “Cells info” to match the tower info from Cellmapper"

2 Likes

It would not be bad to see an analogue of VPN policies for Tor

Tor via VPN, VPN via Tor

1 Like

Sorry for the dup post but I found the official feature request thread after my previous post.

I think a killer feature that no one else has, is the option to proxy via the router configuration page to a captive portal via an iframe (or some other mechanism like a remote renderer on an HTML5 canvas… maybe flutter for web can do something here).

If you google all of the pain and multiple steps required for captive portals (mess with dns, etc), and since the primary use/case is a travel router, this would make a lot of people’s lives much easier.
I mean, it’s at least half a dozen steps jumping across multiple screens and devices when I use my 750 to deal with hotel captive portals.

No one else has this and with the growing awareness of how evil public wifi is, I think the more usable you can make this, the more likelihood you could get much larger adoption of your products.

5 Likes

When looking at the ‘Cells Info’ of the Mobile Network Connection, if the Signal Status is ‘Good’ it is shown in a Yellow that is very hard to read against the white background of the page.

Could the shade be changed slightly to make it more readable?

1 Like

A must: :arrow_right: Adding a checkbox to enable/disable SIP ALG. This would avoid having to go in the kernel and manually edit files to allow VOIP traffic to run over the router (refer to discussion [Disable/Enable SIP ALG]

3 Likes

I think it would be cool to see mobile 5G GL.iNet devices, perhaps with WiFi 6

2 Likes

On “Clients” page, I like the switch that turns Blocks an IP address BUT,…

I want 2 CheckBox :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:

… to “Block WAN” and/or “Block LAN”

EDIT:
I also want ability to change Name of device (I HATE the nameless * or some annoying names set on various devices)

Don’t suggest me LuCi (because I will take that as “go to hell”) :hot_face:

Change name will be there. But why two checkbox?

One Checkbox to Block access to LAN only and another to Block access to WAN only (internet)

If both Checkbox is enabled, client is will be blocked completely

Some devices like printers automatically connect to internet (send user analytics to their company without user knowledge)

Some devices which are meant to access internet only, query around and disturb other devices (again without user knowledge)

“isolate clients” would be useful also so that clients will not be able to interact with other clients, it’s available in luci with some models, would be great to add into the glinet admin panel.

My request for two checkbox serves this purpose of “isolate clients” already. If “Block LAN” is ON while “Block WAN” is OFF, client is already considered isolated and can only access internet

edit: on “Clients” page, the Title above switches is “Block” only,…
Over there, I want “Block LAN | Block WAN” as title and below the title, I want CheckBoxes that turns ON or OFF the function
:ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

I feel there should be a button in the main GL iNet GUI that collects debug information and then either produces a zipped or gzipped tar file that can be downloaded from the router to the user’s PC using the GUI.

After several years of reading this forum, I keep seeing requests for debug information, like the output of dmesg, logread, wg, ps, top, ip addr, ip link, config file information, … . This is normally followed by an explanation on how to use ssh to gather this information and then how to transfer the information to a PC so it can be sent to support. Why not just make it real simple to gather up all the debug information and put in on the user’s PC so they can submit it.

Using regular expressions and sed, you could even filter out information like IP address and Wireguard keys.

3 Likes

In firmware 4.x you can export the log from the UI with a .zip now.

1 Like