List of current feature requests 2022

Yes, I’ve done that too, before, but the latency for DNS responses still seemed higher than I would have expected. Need to check if this can be solved by using stubby directly as recommended. :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool, please share the commands if successful ? i’m only ok with GUI …

TailScale support (and not just ways of effectively ‘hacking’ the router by replacing GL iNet software with a custom install) would be great please.

2 Likes

Hello!

It would be great if GL.iNet could make gl_modules for secure ways to connect, I mean it has already done it for Wireguard and OpenVPN in its Admin Panel,

vpn

So why can’t it be done for all the systems a customer wants?

It will be a very great advantage for GL.iNet routers.

For instance:

Each one could be installed by users depending on whether they want to use one or the other system. There are not so many systems that are used the most by companies.

Thanks.

4 Likes

This is a very good reference. Where do you get this diagram?

There are some services that we prefer not to touch for some reason.

Compiling them is not difficult

2 Likes

Free and ok for my connection from my country, I have 4mb/1mb speed :sob:, so it works fine for me. I don’t know if it’s fine with a 500mb or 1gb speed connection.
I use Wireguard.
And I really don’t care if they log or not, I just can see all pages that from my location sometimes I cannot see.

2 Likes

Add webdav to file sharing with ssl cloud access or access with ddns with ssl and with users rules

If someone need webdav config look at this github page

1 Like

Is it possible to incorporate Docker CE in the next release? The brume has 1 GB of RAM. The majority of it isn’t used, it’d be cool to run different containers on openwrt.

1 Like

Add wakeonlan to router GUI, mobile app and GoodCloud)

Today i’m installed wakeonlan from cli and tried to wake my server but he is not wake, this package on ubuntu 21.10 work good, in ubuntu repo’s v. 0.41-12.1

Gl-iNet repo's version

root@brume-w1:~# opkg info wakeonlan
Package: wakeonlan
Version: 0.41-1
Depends: libc, perl, perlbase-getopt, perlbase-net, perlbase-socket
Section: net
Architecture: all
Size: 3266
Filename: wakeonlan_0.41-1_all.ipk
Description: With this package you can remotely wake up and power on machines which have
motherboards or network cards that support ‘Wake-on-Lan’ packets.
The tool allows you to wake up a single machine, or a group of machines.
You need the MAC addresses of machines to construct the WOL packets, but,
in contrast to ‘etherwake’, you do not need root privileges to use the
program itself as UDP packets are used.
Installed-Time: 1631615500

fix the arduino bug please… (at least on the Shadow GL-AR300M(16)) arduinos come up as celluar modems. I’m trying to use USBIP to enable remote programming arduinos via ethernet but for whatever reason there is an issue with unbinding the cdc_adm driver when usbip bind -b
is issued…

i can
cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices
and clearly see the device, “product=P1AM-100” but for whatever reason the gl repo packages can’t unbind it??

1 Like

I would love to see Tailscale supported (preferably from the UI), or alternatively Zerotier. It’s nice to not have open ports on your home firewall for travel, even if it is at the expense of some performance loss due to the userspace/wireguard-go based Tailscale. While there are a lot of posts out there, it would be great to just have it work without SSHing into the device to configure/update and modify routing to guest devices to ensure guest devices can access resources (and are routed through the exit node).
I have a Slate & Convexa-S.

2 Likes

Need the ability to use x750 as a bridge instead of router

1 Like
  • multiple vlans / network segmentation
  • blocking malicious IP addresses
  • vulnerability scanner (open ports etc.)
1 Like

+1 for this! :slight_smile:

Blocking of malicious IP addresses is a feature in AdGuard Home, using a list like:

https://oisd.nl/downloads

will block ads and malware quite well - however there are other lists which are specifically for malicious IPs if you don’t want to block ads. OISD offers a list of their included lists for fine-tuning:

https://oisd.nl/includedlists

What were you thinking on this one? To scan other devices or a kind of “good housekeeping” for the GL-iNet device?

I will go with the former one, actually I was just thinking about

Add an LTE card that supports B48, 3.5-3.7GHz. In the US, the FCC has set up part 96, CBRS, for private LTE and I’d like to see an option for an LTE card (and antennas) in GL.iNet devices with support.

Hello!
Another function -that is not too important- but I’m sure that some people may want.
Possibility of choosing in which interface Captive Portal (nodogsplash) is wanted from UI
Thank you.

Option to add an automatic retry option to failed WG connections?
after a reboot of routers to which i have over 40 in use across the country i find on occasion they fail to succesfully connect to the WG server and to fix i need to manually connect and Abort the connection and then hit to connect again and it works fine.

My guess as to why this happens is WG is trying to connect whilst the router is still trying to finalise or complete the connection to the local WIFI repeater.

This seems to flag on the console and shows an orange instead of green below so if it does fail a pause for 30sec or 60secs abort and retry may give time for issues to reoslve.

2 Likes

Need config site to site via Wireguard from router UI 2 or more routers that would be easy to customize without GoodGloud, it’s possible to add in this feature new firmware?

Add a well-thought-out and functional parental control with the ability to enable different cloudflare dns filters for clients, for children a filter for children (1.1.1.3 (No Malware or Adult Content)), for other clients a regular dns server 1.1.1.1 or 1.1.1.2 (No Malware) with the ability to adjust the time on the Internet. Example