List of current feature requests 2023

The ability to run devices in mesh mode would be huge.
Multiple guest wifis or regular SSIDs in general would also be good too.
Ability to set your own wireguard DDNS domain name.

1 Like

We need a solution to get around CGNAT on spitzAX like dual vpn client so we can set access point via one vpn

The ability to input a backup Tailscale “custom exit node” for failover purposes.

1 Like

Wow, I did not seen that list for 2023. A lot of features. Good job gl-inet staffs!

1 Like

would be nice to have option to run multiple wireguard client instances at the same time (i.e. one to my vpn provider for general internet access and other to my office for business files access)

6 Likes

The current builds connect to http://dl.gl-inet.com/ when in the GL GUI. This is a security leak that doesn’t need to exist. Simply blocking the domain name via AdGuard or other means the inablility to manually download the latest firmware directly fr the GL web site. User should have option to toggle a switch within GL GUI → System → Upgrade to be notified of new releases. See:

Request

Update Adguard to latest build to ensure latest CVEs are present from AG Home releases. I’m sure many people buy your hardware due to the bundled Adguard Home. Have manually updated to latest version with no issues.

1 Like

Would be great but only new hardwares Routers. Old router will not support because no enoght memory or storage.

2 Likes

I also got a feature request for the encrypted dns :grin:

Please add controld to the resolvers and maybe in the future you could consider using their original daemon and add more support to it in the UI.

It seems their daemon can also use nextdns with client reporting thats something really cool :+1:, though i understand for this it would be a much bigger task to implement but i think something like this can be worth it, their proxy thing is also very interesting.

Currently haven’t tested this proxy but i’m considering to use it, since mullvad often get strange blocks by akamai and amazon aws its sometimes hard to figure that type of blocks out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything your requested is same Adguard Home. Just add filters what you want and add upstream dns what you want.

Your links is not free and heavy stuff things…
Rethink filter - a lot of lists
Oisd filter - a lot of lists

1 Like

I disagree, one doesn’t want adguardhome to be installed :slight_smile:

If it is heavy it would be adguardhome including their web server, ctrld is most part externally their deamon probably not since it ships their own dns software however it looks almost the same like the normal nextdns cli package.

It only adds a small dns server / resolver, and not a full webserver + ui.

The lists are not locally parsed.

1 Like

For example not planned.

If you dont want adguard home then make your own dns resolver server such like rasbeprry pi or NAS or mini server then itself router make different IP dns server in DHCP (LAN network).

1 Like

Smh, if you readed my first post:

basicly i’m only requesting support for the controld resolver :slight_smile: , and if they consider they can consider adding the deamon, i mean more in a future update if they got much more time on their hands to add things.

The resolver only needs to run on stubby the same like nextdns does👍, so i do not see a reason why it not can be added.

Is it only for using another encrypted DNS server instead of Cloudflare or NextDNS? Because I am sure that I saw the values for those DNS servers within uci show stubby.@resolver so you could change it already?

1 Like

For me i do not see them through the gl ui only cloudflare and nextdns as option, i wish to see there controld aswell :slight_smile:

But indeed one can easily set it up there :+1:

1 Like

Turn off adguard home and turn on classic dns in router then select Cloudflare with Encrypt

GL should really just make it a textbox for an option the same way Android allows user strings for System DNS → DoT but for DoT, DoH, oDoH. It’s not like it’s worth it to maintain a custom list when there’s more than a handful to worry about maintaining.

3 Likes

Is it possible to also integrate these cellular features: Signal Tower Lock & Historical Signal Record, on your routers such as Flint 2 that can support USB modems? I find the options very lacking with the current features being implemented on devices that are not modem+router combo such as Flint 2. I think that these 2 features are possible to implemented since they still rely on AT commands. Thank you!

Edit: I realized that this could not be easily implemented since we can use any modem modules and the commands may vary. However, can your team at least enable these features for modules that were used on the modem+router devices GL inet released such as RM520NGL? You may add options or toggles so that the user can manually enable the features if their module is supported. Thank you again.

We really need a vlan page. That would be wonderful :blush:

4 Likes

Consolidating DHCP reservations into Clients would be far more efficient than 4.4.6-r1’s requirement to jump to a different page. It should also account for VLANs, ideally.

1 Like