List of current feature requests 2023

@greenspace

i get 720Mbps on wireguard client I use slate ax with Ethernet

If i remember correctly slate ax and flint have the same cpu

I got 810 Mbps download this morning using the latest Flint 4.2.1 build and 650 Mbps Up using Wireguard.

*** - Question for the dev’s. When can we expect to see Kernel 5.4 or later incorporated with the Flint builds?

6 Likes

Hi? I had Fritz!Box earlier and liked their Phone App. I see that you guys have Spitz AX :thinking: it would be cool if guys make Dialer App that allows WiFi paired device to make/receive calls, send/receive text etc,…

1 Like

Our app can send and receive SMS messages using SIM cards on Spitz AX and other cellular routers that have been upgraded to 4.x.

We don’t have any plans to develop the feature of making/receiving calls at the moment. With the popularity of Facetime, Skype, Telegram, etc., it would be too much of an investment to develop such a feature and too little of a benefit.

1 Like

Facetime telegram etc use internet to make phone calls,… Here, I’m talking about using cellular calls, :thinking: every user who has an app can be assigned extension number (to receive calls) and place calls using special Dialer app.

My ISP, provides plans with unlimited data and calls (1500 mins), which can be used to make local or international calls. Some special trusted Employees have their own small plans but can’t afford making international calls. This will help that kind of situations and make use of available call minutes

In an event where internet gets disconnected (or any other critical fault, hack, attack occurs),… GL based trigger call can be placed to Admin using cellular services

1 Like

yuxin.zou knows what you want. I know some modems could do something like that with asterisk (voip server) and a special asterisk plugin/module. That’s all pretty complicated to do for likely few people who would want it. In this topic some were playing with it for GL-MiFi.

Well,… :yawning_face: understandable.

Still,… It doesn’t hurt to have more and more features available on firmware. In main page of Gl-net.com,… It could actually impress more people (regardless of how useless it may seem to developers right now) :sweat_smile:

Those Fritz!box people did the hard work one time but continued to publish telephony features in almost all of their products. Likewise,… Whatever feature you guys work on,… There will be few who will make use of it and become loyal to GL.

Fully open source the firmware. I like GL-inet firmware a lot, the only thing missing imo is fully open source it.

3 Likes

I would like Upnp support for firmware above 4.x.

2 Likes

Please reconsider this one. Regulations certainly won’t allow increasing power but they not only do allow reductions, sound engineering mandates using the minimum transmit power needed. And it is useful. Guest password is widely known? No problem, drop the power such that neighbors won’t use it from their house across the street.

It is there is you need it. Get to LuCI and install luci-app-upnp and it will drag in everything else as dependencies. You will get a new “Services” top level menu item with UPnP as the only item.

It might be nice if it were supported in the GL-iNet UI but it isn’t something that needs a lot of attention post install so meh.

Edit Hosts” page available for individual Clients when “Override DNS Settings for All Clients” is Disabled
This “Edit Hosts” page can be option in Admin Panel > Clients > Action.

Another feature I want is Custom names set on “Clients” page automatically synced with Adguard (so users see names instead of IP addresses).

It is, but the UI and backend is not.

It seems like only a few guys in China managed to get Docker to run on GL.iNet devices.

Could you please make preinstalled docker in firmware image available for upgrade as an option, along side image files without docker. For example, one of a router competitor has something like this:

rk3568-eflasher-ffffffwrt-22.03-docker-YYYYMMDD.img.gz Fffffff
Pre-installed Docker
Based on OpenWrt 22.03
Kernel version 5.10.y

which allows easy installation of Nextcloud in a couple of lines if a user had flashed the right image, for example

5.17.2 Work with Docker: Install Personal Nextcloud

mkdir /nextcloud -p docker run -d -p 8888:80 --name nextcloud -v /nextcloud/:/var/www/html/ --restart=always --privileged=true arm64v8/nextcloud

Thank you.

Do you know why the UI and backend are not? What prevents GL.inet to open those parts?

Hi, with Quectel modems it’s possible to do 4G/5G band and cell site locking - are there any plans to implement this please?

We are researching solutions. If a solution works, this feature will come soon.

1 Like

Is it possible to have a setting on the MAC address settings page to generate a new random MAC address every x minutes or xx MB? Even in 2023 it is still common to have a timebased or volume based limit at certain locations. Or maybe even have a setting per SSID to be able to automatically use it when I am in this SSID.

At the moment I am doing this with a script, but it would be nice to be able to configure it in the GUI.

3 Likes

I use a VPN on main wifi network and have guest network setup to not go thru the VPN. I do this because I have some devices that are always on VPN, and some that are not. Access to the router gui is not possible from the guest network. Can you add an option in the global VPN setting tab to allow gui access from the guest network?

1 Like