Meet Marble (GL-B3000)

Hidden in the depths of the GL-iNet webpage a new product is spotted! The Marble (GL-B3000) is Wi-Fi 6 router for in the house. It is piece of art as it as camouflages as photo frame. :wink:

Its product page is:

Ah I donā€™t know why the page is online now.

Yes it will be a price wise nice router with good specs for your home.

Even without product page I would have posted about a future GL-B3000, as it is actually mentioned in the Beta Testing programā€¦ Thatā€™s how I guessed the product page!

I like the idea, but I can imaging if fully utilised and has 3 network cables running to itā€¦ The network cables might start deciding where the photo frame goes.

I suppose thatā€™d be dependant if itā€™s hung as portrait or landscapeā€¦ & how thin the Cat happens to be. Itā€™d be a helluva ā€˜stealthedā€™ Wi-Fi Repeater, regardless.

https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Ethernet-Cable-White-Flat/dp/B018BCJKE0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=network+cable+white+flat&sr=8-3

I canā€™t imagine any of the male staff at GL.iNet thinking or saying, ā€œYa know whatā€¦We need to design a router inside a picture frame so itā€™s not noticeableā€. Since most guys love to show off their tech. I betcha this idea was inspired by one of their wives.

1 Like

There is feature film for this router on Vimeo that I saw a few weeks ago.
I notice the beta program and did a quick google and voilĆ .

Only two views on the video at the time of this forum post and both are me.
Check it out MEET Marble - Wi-Fi 6 OpenWrt Router for Modern Home on Vimeo

Iā€™m waiting on the Marble2 (With WiFi 7).

3 Likes

IDK, man. I could see myself using that as a repeater/extender w/ a picture of the better half mounted in it, on my desk/behind the chairā€¦ if I didnā€™t already have a Slate AX tucked away.

I agree the womenfolk will most likely be drawn to it. GL should offer various ā€˜framesā€™ to match the decor.

It honestly needs to be quad core and 512mb ram. Similar to the SlateAX.

What next? A router built-in to my kettle with a 10GB ethernet port next to the spout? Still unsure as to why they donā€™t focus on properly maturing the firmware before coming up with these gimmicks.

1 Like

Interesting imaginization but seems very true.

You know there are guys doing design. Even they have plenty of time idle they will not help on firmware.

Itā€™s an attempt to target female users. We canā€™t let go the market of female users.

Just one little thing about that product page. Please be consistent:

At the top:

Supports 2.4GHz (~400Mbps) and 5GHz (900Mbps)

At the bottom:

Wi-Fi Speed 574Mbps (2.4GHz), 2402Mbps (5GHz)

Given the model name/code/number the latter is probably true.

1 Like

Some ā€œweirdā€ news from TechCrunch about Marble (GL-B3000):

3 Likes

Hope this image is included in the package! Signed by @alzhao and the rest of the team!

1 Like

hmm i wonder tho, how long would be the adapters wire? :wink:

I mean I could see this as a potentional issue thoā€¦ why does it not have a PoE connection ?

heres some reason why i would think its nice to have it:

• since someone may want to hang it on a wall but also want to add wire for wan, wellā€¦ it easily can become a mess with wires, i think some woman donā€™t like that :slight_smile:

• the first impression is also important, if the power adapters cable is not long enough well it can be a annoyance also because the consumer might not be technical enough to find the correct adapter, and also have the expectation to be long enough.

• with PoE its alot easier because you can easily make cables, but also buy cables and it makes a little less mess, for such router I really see no reason why PoE is not a part of it :stuck_out_tongue:

^ I mean PoE not as a replacement for the current power though, but as addon.

though I find it a strange concept I would never searched for this combination but that is my own opinion :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Agreed. Poe is really needed for a clean look.
It would have been a similar price to include a Poe injector over the power supply.

1 Like

This product looks interesting, having it on a small office would be nice, I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna have as much success as other models, but I hope so, the Beryl AX is having a great success even on Amazon you can verify it, I canā€™t wait for an upgraded Beryl/Slate version, I hope they include 2 LAN ports, an SMA connector and a quad core CPU, 1GB RAM, of course it should be WIFI 7 maybe
That would be a Beryl ProšŸ˜Œ even if it is a bit more expensive

How do your guys value PoE+SMA vs Dirt Cheap?

2 Likes