Meet Marble (GL-B3000)

LOL! Don’t every worry about, Zhao. @beniamin & @xize11 just need to be introduced to raceways.

Damn, people… settle down. :wink:

2024-02-07 02_51_47-networking raceways - Demoniak Search - Brave

2 Likes

I agree and disagree at the same time.

I really love the Starlink way of doing this. The power plug is like some PoE injector - so the dish gets it power over ethernet. Something like this would be really cool for home routers as well.

Sounds good. One can always go pick up UniFi APs or similar & pay the associated premium on also needing injectors or a switch. … 'cause let’s get real: if you know what is POE, you already know there’s a limited selection of SOHO gear providing it.

2024-02-07 03_16_07-Access Point AC Lite - Ubiquiti Store United States - Brave

But it’s getting more and more. Of course not for $50 hardware, but at least Wi-Fi APs are pretty often PoE-ready. So having a router, wall mountable, with just 1 cable would be a pretty cool gimmick.

1 Like

Then if you’re fine buying an injector then why not just grab a Ubnt AC-Lite (pictured above) & mount it on the ceiling? You’re not going to get it for 60.00 USD, though… or even 80.00 USD w/ injector.

Out of sight, out of mind as it were.

For me best solution : two ports poe in and out to cctv indoor :drooling_face:

If PoE is not an option for GL-iNET home AP/Router, at least you can try PoE splitter to make it “easy” for power wiring and look better I guess. #my2cents :grin:

1 Like

You’re looking at the wrong part of their web site, then. Let me help you:

(Cripes, people… am I the only one remembering this is SOHO & travel gear we’re talking?!)

New video :heart_eyes:

A different possibility might be to have powered it with USB-C. The end user could then buy their own cord with whatever length they needed.

The optional photo frame accessory is a must have one for Marble. :laughing:

I like dirt cheap :wink: if adding Poe is expensive, ain’t worth it

1 Like

I have 2 UAP AC Pros, they aren’t great at all. I get better speeds from my Archer A7.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s sounds about right for Ubnt. Let’s just say I don’t bother with their buggy firmware anymore.

Looks good on the datasheet, doe.

Wasn’t Ubnt a good choice for professonals?

I suppose if you’re taking a tentative step beyond mere Belkin, Linksys, Netgear for SOHO/mid-sized businesses, sure, depending on the product. IDK about their longer range radio link transceivers.

I can’t say I was terribly impressed by their line-up. I really don’t care to be forced to run a VM &/or buy the IT equivalent of an iLok key* — UnFi — just to use the equipment to their fullest capabilities. Some of it just isn’t that compelling: their APs aren’t much different hardware wise than what’s commonly available when looking ‘under the hood.’ I think GL could easily outmanoeuvre them on that point alone (see attached).

This still assumes Ubnt’s firmware isn’t still riddled with bugs, scenario dependant, of course. I gave up caring. Their pretty, proprietary GUI(s) mean nothing if the packets don’t flow properly to spec… so I’ve pretty much sworn off the closed-source crack of Ubnt’s offerings, even if it runs/ran a fork/strain of VyOS/Debian.

#OWRTorGTFO

Power adapter and cable are 1.5M.

1 Like

This product is exactly what I’ve been looking for for a long time. Is there any update with respect to its release date? I would love to purchase it asap.

we’re glad u like it, can u share what attracted u the most

So the Marble is based on the ipq5018 chipset, which supports 2.5G WAN.
But the Marble doesn’t have a 2.5G WAN port according to the marketing and datasheet?

Seems a strange omission to make.